Landbased Kingie Spots

jahajo

Anybody got any ideas about some landbased kingie spots.

Tried balmain today with no luck but i still have some squids left

So what are some good wharves? and spots raiders?

Harry

Hi Harry,

I had a quick go in Balmain - tried for Yakkas off Thames Street Wharf in Mort Bay but could't get any, then tried fishing off the far end of Ballast Point for whatever I could raise. I had three outfits out: really light gear with small long shank for yakkas using bread and pillie pieces, a heavyish rod with ganged pillie hanging 1.5m under a float (for hopefully kings or tailor) and another heavyish rod rigged paternoster style with pillie or prawn.

All I could raise were small snapper on my lightest gear. I was berleying hard too.

Anyway, I've yet to land a kingie (hooked up to a few in the past) and don't have a boat so if you'd like to join me land-based, PM me and we'll sort something out.

Cheers,

James.

Edited by jamesds

Hi Harry,

I had a quick go in Balmain - tried for Yakkas off Thames Street Wharf in Mort Bay but could't get any, then tried fishing off the far end of Ballast Point for whatever I could raise. I had three outfits out: really light gear with small long shank for yakkas using bread and pillie pieces, a heavyish rod with ganged pillie hanging 1.5m under a float (for hopefully kings or tailor) and another heavyish rod rigged paternoster style with pillie or prawn.

All I could raise were small snapper on my lightest gear. I was berleying hard too.

Anyway, I've yet to land a kingie (hooked up to a few in the past) and don't have a boat so if you'd like to join me land-based, PM me and we'll sort something out.

Cheers,

James.

You guys should try Gerroa. Ive caught quite a few there. Usually when the sun starts coming down is the best time.

You guys should try Gerroa. Ive caught quite a few there. Usually when the sun starts coming down is the best time.

But Gerroa is 2.5 hours drive and 150 kms away!

I've heard some reports of Kingies being caught at Pier 2.

Theres even a few youtube clips on that, but I also have yet to land a kingfish, so not one to comment :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvlur9DSR5U