A Few Small Jew

Jewhunter

:1fishing1: G'day guys & gals. After spending Fri & Sat evening chasing squid for a grand total of 2, I hit the beach on Sun night hunting a jew. There were no Tailor on sundown which left me a bit unhappy as a fresh tailor fillet is one of my preffered big fish baits. Put my first squid strip out 1.5 hrs before the top of the tide & missed a fish. Got a 3 kg schoolie next cast, a 30cm soap that nearly got put out as a live bait, then a 2kg fish on the turn of the tide. Missed 6-7 but it's not easy getting 8 os into soaps!

Bloody beautiful night. No wind, warm & had the beach to myself.

Looking forward to next month. The mullet would have run, the big jew start showing up on the beach & there should be a few tailor around.

Bring it on I say!

:1fishing1:

Be careful doing that, there's a 45cm limit for jews

I think that comment was a tongue in cheek one :biggrin2:

As far as having problems getting 8/0 hooks into small jews I always thought that was the whole reason for using large hooks in most forms of fishing - to reduce small fish hookups & maximise big fish hookups.

Hope a big shiny Jew comes your way soon.

Why would you be grumpy after the weekend ?

Speaking of Grumpy you have opened the door for me to do some blatant advertising which breaks my own site rules :1clap: Don't try this at home folks or you will get banned :1naughty:

For the best in home brew beer kits go to Grumpies Brewhaus at this link

Grumpies Brewhaus

I highly recommend the Masterbrews :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Thanks for the lead in to the free add Swoffa :beersmile:

Be careful doing that, there's a 45cm limit for jews (still way too small if you ask me).

41810[/snapback]

I was joking with the livie comment. I have never & will never do that. The 2 kg fish was also released. The 3kg I kept for tucker. I agree with you that 45cm is too small as a size limit.

I'm also aware of size & bag limits as Jew are my target fish these days.

Cheers,

Grant.

I think that comment was a tongue in cheek one  :biggrin2:

As far as having problems getting 8/0 hooks into small jews  I always thought that was the whole reason for using large hooks in most forms of fishing - to reduce small fish hookups & maximise big fish hookups.

Hope a big shiny Jew comes your way soon.

41821[/snapback]

Yeah, exactly why I use the bigger hooks Ken, don't want the little fellas!

Nice report Jew, im might have to get down there soonish.

41809[/snapback]

I think it will be wothwhile in a couple of weeks when the mullet have run. Still a bit tough nailing a good fish off the beach @ the moment.

Good luck,

Grant.

G`day Fellas ,

I definately agree about the 8/0`s whilist fishing for Jew .

But I also have to admit I have never had a problem with soaps swallowing an 8/0 either.

And A few Flukes worth a mention here might be , that on numerous occaisions I have hooked some good size whiting on those very same 8/0`s .

And I`m also not the only one to fluke big whiting on 8/0`s either , my Son and others here do it quite often as well .

Mick

Hi Ken,

Sorry to be so OT, but

For the best in home brew beer kits go to Grumpies Brewhaus at this link

Grumpies Brewhaus

I highly recommend the Masterbrews

Do the masterbrews come with all the goodies?? The wort concentrate/hops/malt extract/yeast or are they just the wort concentrate?

I am ready to start brewing again this year as the temp is much more manageble now?

LW