A Weekend On The Water

alexit

Hi all...

I spent a very nice weekend on the water, :biggrin2: Not a lot of fish in the boat but with the great weather, who cares, and thinking back I feel a lot of things I have read fish/water/weather/tides etc just sort of ticked into the right place in my head. I guess I am saying I didn't catch lots of fish but I feeeel I am a better fisherman :1fishing1: .

Sat I hit middle harbour on the lonesome with a late 8ish start as I could not get out of bed :05: Spent a lot of time just cruising round flicking at structure, sounding round and watching others and wondering when/what and why they were there? That sort of thing.

As I said, not many fish,but I was slamed by this fellow under a boat...

post-300-1113213110_thumb.jpg

He went my pb on lure at 33cm and fat as....most of my bream go back but this fellow went home for baked bream on Sat night.

Sunday I had given the day to Rach...."What do you want to do today Darl?"...."I wanna go fishin" she tells me! :1clap: not a problem.

We launch late morning and head up Lane Cove just as the tide was peaking. I tell Rach we sould do something different for a change a find the deep holes a jiggle a jig in em. Now she has a pretty good touch with the plastic so when she asks what she sound do I tell her " Do what you normally do, just make sure you are down on the bottom" Three casts or so later I am told "gettin some small bumps...oh got him!" And like a true pro she bring a nice high 50's flattie up from the depths. :thumbup:

And flathead dinner for Sunday night.

I picked up a smaller flattie later and think I missed a few fish down deep buy not striking when I felt a small????? I was stopping the retreive when I now think I should have struck? Any ideas?

alex

Guest Jocool
Any ideas?

alex

41867[/snapback]

Yeah....Lucky bastard! :thumbup:

Next time try striking. Maybe they are just mouthing the bait and then spitting it out.

Good going on your PB! :thumbup: