Well Done Jim77 On Defending Us

Captin

Fishraiders,

Just read this and remember reading and posting in regards to what happen to Jim 77

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=45093

This was in todays paper:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/travel/sm...r-1225828481958

I would like to personally thank Jim for taking the time and effort and doing something about this, as most of us try and do the right thing.

The authorities should be targetting the "cowboys" out there, not us guys and girls who clearly love and respect our sport.

Heres to you Jim. :beersmile:

"The angler whose catch in the Harbour sparked the investigation escaped with a warning - and had his fish confiscated"

WHAT DO THEY DO WITH IT?

if it were an illegal catch, he would have been fined and lost his gear. they obviously found it to be a simple mistake (theirs in my opinion) and let him off.

my question is, what do they do with a dead, probably bled and gutted fish?

i reckon they may have had sushi that day! :1prop:

anyone know?

Thanks for the responses fellas... Who would have thought that my story would have caused such a fuss and made the papers eh. As long as people are aware and the authorities do something to rectify their mistake that is the main thing.

However, by the sounds of it they are just going to give themselves an out by making the disclaimer on the sticker bigger saying that it is a guide only and should not be used as a measure. I for one have stopped using it as a measure of legal kings. I have just drawn 2 lines on my boat that are 65cm apart - unless my boat shrinks in the sun i should be ok.

Puppy Dawg - in answer to your question as to what they did with it... At the time i was thinking exactly the same thing. What are they going to do with it?

After they took my details and my fish... They sped off towards Manly wharf at about 30 knots! I reckon they were taking it to the Manly Fish cafe to get them to cook it up for them! :1prop: Who knows what they did with it. I went and caught a bigger one so i didn't care!

thanks for that Jim. to be honest i never thought about checking if the ruler was correct on the sticker! i always thought that being issued by a govermnet body it should be accurate.... haha.

i guess pays off if we have any complaints about the goverment policies or any floors that we should write to the papers and a high probability it will be put it!