Tuesday 12th April Davistown Jetty

Coast_Bloke

Took the young bloke down for a fish at the wharf at South Kincumber/Davistown today.

Tide was on the run out and there was a couple of blokes there already trying to catch... well I dunno what actually...using massive weights and small hooks with boat rods :wacko: . But they did catch 1 or 2 small leather jackets.. not keepers though.

I started by rigging my 5 year old up with blue bait on a small hook on his "New" rod and reel I bought him today..(grin from ear to ear on him :biggrin2: got him a Shimano Alivio 2000f and an Abu Muscle Tip 1.8mtr), and I started throwing some plastic about (#2 Squidgie Wrigglers 65mm Silver Fox).... but the bloody leatherjackets and tailor just kept chewing em up, so switched to bait, and caught 3 nice bream.. all just under legal unfortunatly, and a few tailor.

Took son home about 4:30pm, and headed back down for another hour or so... started with bait again, and caught some babies, and 2 decent bream.. not keepers, and then switched to plastics again. Well this time I used some berkley 3" power minnows (pumpkin Seed) and something was just blowen em away.. being a noob at sp's I didn't land any, but something was going nuts on them.

So all in all a fun fish for the fights, especially one of the larger bream, trying to break me off around the poles, but alas no keepers, and still no fish for me on sp's.

Cheers,

Coasty