How To Adopt A Learner

mrsswordfisherman

G'Day all

Wow! A new look site and a heap of new options. We're heading towards our 10,000th member and we've got some great new sponsors as well. Slinky (with some grateful assistant from Alan Tani) has created a reel maintenance section and it is a crackin' success! Today we're going to kick off yet another section – Adopt a Newbie.

Admin has been considering this program for a while now, primarily due to the very generous information provided to the forum by many of its members, and the willingness of those less experienced to stick up their hand and request advice. Why not put the two groups together and share in their success?

Here's how we would like to do it. Those of you who are having difficulty learning your desired fishing technique (whether it be bass on lures, fishing for kings, whatever), place your details into a post:

Your name: Help Meout

Your Location: Bakobourke

Fishing technique: Jewfish on lure

Availability: Weekends only

Preferred location: Hawkesbury River

Provide your own gear? Yes/No

Provide your own boat? Yes/No

Hopefully, a member who is experienced in this technique and location will then offer to take a 'newbie' out on the water and 'show them the ropes' When this occurs, let us know and we will open (and pin) a new topic in this section, and the new 'team' can post their report in there for all of us to follow their success. Easy!

This is a terrific opportunity for less experienced members to receive one-on-one tuition, and for experienced members to share in the excitement of "My first Kingy!", "My first fish on surface lure!" etc. Let's hope this becomes one of our busiest forum sections, full of 'firsts', new friendships and a whole heap of photos. Good luck!

Anyone who demonstrates this "fishraider spirit of assistance above and beyond" will be given a MENTOR badge for their signature and may be in the running for a grand prize

PLEASE NOTE: Learners MUST be over 18. Minors are not allowed to be "adopted" unless accompanied by a parent or an adult known to them such as a family friend.

The Administration Team

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

:bump0ee::bump0ee:

Whilst the Christmas school holidays are with us please be mindful of the "PLEASE NOTE" from the site Admin Team

Learners MUST be over 18. Minors are not allowed to be "adopted" unless accompanied by a parent or an adult known to them such as a family friend.

Cheers Blood Knot

• 5 months later...

G'day raiders,

I've been looking for this program for a while and happy to find it here. I wonder whether this program is still active as surprisingly, such the attractive program has been received few responses from the forum (or perhaps I'm looking in a wrong place). Anyway, I put my name forward and would love to hear from some member who is willing to adopt and show me the ropes.

My info is as follows:

Name: Chinh (Lincohn), 32 yo

Fishing technique wants to learn: blackfish on weed or 'real' bait

Availability: weekends only

Preferred location: land/shore based within 1.30 hrs driving from Sydney

Has my on gear but don't have boat.

Cheers,

Chinh

G'day raiders,

I've been looking for this program for a while and happy to find it here. I wonder whether this program is still active as surprisingly, such the attractive program has been received few responses from the forum (or perhaps I'm looking in a wrong place). Anyway, I put my name forward and would love to hear from some member who is willing to adopt and show me the ropes.

My info is as follows:

Name: Chinh (Lincohn), 32 yo

Fishing technique wants to learn: blackfish on weed or 'real' bait

Availability: weekends only

Preferred location: land/shore based within 1.30 hrs driving from Sydney

Has my on gear but don't have boat.

Cheers,

Chinh

Gdayyyyyyyyy Chinh there are heaps of blackfishermen on here and I am sure they will help you out

• 1 year later...

Hi mates,

Not sure whether this is the right session but I am new to Cronulla and keen to enjoy beach fishing. I've been watching many YouTube videos and got fascinated by the Aussie salmon

So I'm looking forward to finding a fellow fisher. Im 32yo and just started my postgrad in acc&finance so no idea how to catch a thing in the sea. Hahaha

Im available in the weekends and can travel. I'm also up to catch anything in case there's any mate nearby.

cheers, Fernando.

• 1 year later...

G'Day all,

We are a family of four learners. My wife and I both grew up fishing, but lake fishing rather than rock/ocean fishing. It has also been many years since we did any serious fishing. We are working to pass the joy of fishing onto our two young children, 7 y/o and 8 y/o. 

To date we have done a good bit of rock fishing over the past year, primarily in the Eastern suburbs area. We have had a good bit of luck and we always have a lot of fun, but now we would like to get serious and really learn how to fish. We are interested in catching snapper, bream, kingfish, squid and just about anything else that is fun. 

We fish mainly at Gordon's Bay and Coogee Beach. We fish with prawns and pilchard. 

Name: Gaza, 50 y/o

Location: Eastern Suburbs (Gordon's Bay, Clovelly, Coogee, Maroubra, Bondi, Parsley Bay)

Techniques we want to learn: Line riggings, lure fishing, site selection, and anything fishing 1010

Gear: We have our own gear, but no boat

Availability: Mostly weekends, but can be flexibleCheers,

Gaz and fam

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I fish the georges river most week ends and would love to have some company and maybe pass on some tips to new fisho,s mainly chase bream ,flattys and jew  some times camp out so they would need a swag and warm sleeping bag

• 4 months later...

Please be mindful of the "PLEASE NOTE" from the site Admin Team

Learners MUST be over 18. Minors are not allowed to be "adopted"unless accompanied by a parent or an adult known to them such as a family friend.

We have many young folk joining our community all the time. Guide them by helping them to gather tips via links to our many helpful posts.

mrsswordie (Community Manager)

There seems to be lots of new members joining and making a first post here. 

I have changed the permissions on the posting and members will need to have made at least 5 posts to make a post here. You can introduce yourself to our community on the thread below to start with :)

Businesses/charter operators/guides may NOT post here looking to attract customers. Please re-read our Site Rules.

mrsswordie (Community Manager)