New Pb And Smashed The Raider Record!

GregL

G'day Riaders

After to many weeks off the water, today I just had to go for a fish rain hail or shine! Lucky for me I only got drizzle and beautiful calm seas!

Fishing was tuff to say the least with bugger all current or drift but still ended up with a decent bag of a couple of pannies, ambers, rats, bonnies(more bonnies than you could poke a stick at) and a lonely chopper.

The Tailor was caught on a 7" Jerkshad in Curry Chicken on a 1/4 jig head while sinking under surface feeding rat king schools off Deewhy whilst chasing snappers. Went OK but no match for my Millerods Beast Buster Toad custom!

The fish went 79cm and smashes the old Raider record by 17cm! :yahoo: Fishing alone today as it was hard to find another player that had permission to go fishing so photo's were a little hard using the self timer

post-3563-126613597762_thumb.jpg

ON the tape

post-3563-12661360245_thumb.jpg

Last trip I did a few weeks ago we went for a marlin fish in 4m seas, didn't last long......

Ran back to longy and our snapper spots in 18m were under white water! :wacko:

Back in the harbour I tied on a blade and went and spun the wrecks, first cast ended up with this little bugger that came home to join me for dinner ;)

post-3563-126613626662_thumb.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.

Greg

Edited by GregL

Thanks guys

Yeah it did go hard and had me guessing till the end to what it was but it was no match for the 6kg's of drag I run while snapper fishing!!

At first I thought crap nother rat king but with head shakes???

Could it be a cracker snapper that hasnet woken up yet?

Arcing high near the end of the fight, king for sure but as colour started to show, blue fins, snapper! Hit's the surface and with net in hand, crap crap tailor and the hook falls out as the net slid under, at one stage the front half of the fish was back out of the environet :wacko:

Very lucky to land it!

I need a bigger net!!

Greg

Nice fish mate! Where abouts were all the bonnies?

Mate, near every reef I stopped at between Freshwater and Longy had them, you just had to wind fast to get them. I changed to 7" plastics to get away from them they were that thick. Heaps of long toms out there so if you feel a tick in the line when retrieving, check your leaders as they are nicing the line with those nasty teeth they have.

G