Dy Happenings

bombora

Hiya all, just a quick report on good ol' DY beach, not that I have been actually fishing :thumbdown: but anyway.

Fairy penguin(s) been feeding among the waves at DY in the mornings last few days and I'd be interested to hear from anyone fishing the lower harbour last few days as to whether there is much bait there. DY has had heaps of pencil gars last week or so, and guessing the penguins have followed em there to feed because there is less bait (or smaller bait not worth as much effort) in the harbour. Yes/No? The gars have been spraying all over the shop in the mornings off the point so something as well as the penguins is eating em. Kings love pencil gar (not to mention longtails etc) so if you believe in the old where the bait is so too are the fish it might be worth a hunt.

Last several days the old diggers on the beach have been scoring some damn nice whiting too. On Monday morn while I was surfing I watched one bloke get six whiting in 20 minutes. They weren't as big as the whiting being taken last week but still nice fish. Beach worms were working for the old fellas. Water temp has crept up last few days _ 23C plus for sure at least along the beach at DY. Saw Alex Belissimo trying for the whiting one evening too.

The gutter next to the surf club is the place. cheers still fishless Bombie