Dollies

antr

Hi guys went out to the fad off north head, Monday at 4pm bit bouncy but alright after a while, on getting there wow ,fish everywhere 1 Dollie and a rat first go, then the birds came and spoilt the run, three or four more drifts for 0, then 2 more dollies out wide, all 45 to 55 cm so all went back,then the call from the big boss and birds driving me mad so went back in,can't wait to get there again,hope for some bigger ones, all caught on pilys.first post so hope it's right place?

Damn those birds.

We did the same on Sunday... and they were an absolute nuisance. I saw a bird gagging on a fish - realizing it was my livie - I managed a hard pull and saved the poor livie from the jaws of bird!!

Pain in the asses they are!! Where is a bronzie when you need one!!

Anyhow managed two dollies - then all went still...

Sorry to hear the boss called before you got more!.

Chewy

Went up to the Forster on Sunday (14/2) afternoon and fished the FAD on Monday. Water temp was down at 21.7'C but there were dollies in solid numbers right on the FAD. Got a rat kingie on a livie first up then started to hook dollie after dollie in quick succession. Ended up with 6 dollies 70-80cm mainly caught on whole pillies and live yakkas. Caught plenty of undersised dollies too.

After about an hour the fish went off the bite like somebody flicked a switch. You could see the buggers in the water but they wouldn't touch a bait. Trolled some lures around the FAD and a bit wider out but had no luck there.

Called it a day and headed back in at about 10am as the Forster bar can be a bit nasty when the N/E wind picks up.

Sorry no pics as we left the camera at home.

Nathan

Yeah me 2 bonito boy, im so keen to hit up some quality dolphin fish. As i have not caught a dolphin fish before i am so eager!. Its just finding the right day to hit them out, its a long way if things start to get abit hektic.

Thanks guys, YG