If Anyone Comes To Forster

arpie

Anyone visiting Forster/Tuncurry & wanting to learn how to catch bream on pencils from a yak ..... give me a pm well in advance, as we have a few trips planned this year, just to make sure I will be here! :biggrin2:

It is easy paddling, so no 'real' yak skills needed - it is not far from where I launch :biggrin2:

Your name: Roberta

Your Location: Forster

Fishing technique: Bream on Pencils

Availability: Any Day

Preferred location: Forster, Mid North Coast

Provide your own gear? Yes - Bring 'soft tip' rod with 3-4lb braid, 10lb leader & Sammy65 in Ghost Minnow colour

Provide your own boat? No - I have a spare kayak that you can use

Look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

No worries, DGF - just let me know in advance!! I know how you feel about the $$ of lures - I hadn't lost that many pencils until this last week :wacko: ..... probably because I wasn't putting them close enough to the spots where the big bream hide!! :1yikes:

Cheerio

Roberta

Roberta,

I will be staying at Forster over Easter this year. (2nd April till 9 th April.) If you are available I would love to take you up on your kind offer. I usually use bait but am always keen to try new techniques. I would need to borrow a kayak but have the gear you sugested and will get some lures you advised. Hoping for a favourable response.

Regards

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rich

Apologies for the late reply!! I would enjoy hitting the water with you when you are here! I have my Perception Minnow available for you to use (with rod holder, anchor etc) so that will be fine!

I look forward to meeting up with you on the water!!

I have also just clicked the button for 'email notification of replies'! :biggrin2:

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

I wish I had seen this a few weeks ago. I just came back from a couple of weeks up your way and I actually saw you on the water and then again in a tackle shop and then again at the kayak bream tourno, jeez you get around dont you?

I wasn't sure where I recognised your face from so didn't spark up any conversation. I will be sure to look you up next time I head that way.

Cheers,

Kev.

Edited by crippo

Gees, Kev - I gave you enough opportunities ....... glad you didn't think I was a stalker!! :tease: Turning up everywhere you were!! :074: Hope you got into some good fish, there were plenty out there - quality breambos especially!

make sure you pm me before you come up next time!! :1prop:

Cheerio

Roberta

Gees, Kev - I gave you enough opportunities ....... glad you didn't think I was a stalker!! :tease: Turning up everywhere you were!! :074: Hope you got into some good fish, there were plenty out there - quality breambos especially!

make sure you pm me before you come up next time!! :1prop:

Cheerio

Roberta

Ha ha, no I didnt think that you were a stalker. I have a uncanny memory for faces and it can be annoying when you recognise faces wherever you go, so it happens to me a lot. I can get served by a service station/shop attendant etc and see his/her somewhere else two weeks later and recognise the face but not know where from, the penny drops days later when i finally sort it out in my head.

I got a few flatties and a couple of bream, but spent a lot of my time in smiths lake searching for fish that werent there. I cant believe they still commercially fish that lake, still it was a nice place to spend time in my boat.

Anyway, will definately PM you before the next trip, thanks again.

Kev.

Shame the fishing in Smiths Lake was no good - one of the commercial fishos (about a month ago) had an article in the loca rag, lamenting the lack of fish & the high amount of deformed/ slabby fish that they were now catching, since the Ban on fishing most of the lake was brought in. The have their own capture records going back 40-50 years & there's never been anything like what is happening now, a year or 2 since the Marine Park restrictions were brought in. They reckon that because the 'usual' amount of fish aren't being caught by locals & tourists, that there are now too many fish for the size of the lake (given that it is often closed to the ocean, so doesn't get a twice daily cleanout by the tides.) I suppose they could be right. Seems that when too many fish are in the one area, they don't grow as big or as fast - too many are competing for the same food source.

I live in hope that one day commercial fishing licences in both Smiths & Wallis Lake are lifted - just like Lake Macquaire - our towns survive on tourism & if folk aren't catching here on their holidays, they will go somewhere else next holidays!

Plenty of fish in Wallis Lake tho! I doubt if it will ever be closed to the sea!! :1yikes:

Roberta