Monday Fishing

bfore

Went fishing with one of my older mates on monday chasing dolphin fish , as he is the local dolphin fish king I new I was in for a great sesssion.

It was a late start leaving the ramp at 9am in his 6m offshore Quinnie we head out in a moderate swell . Within 2 minutes of arriving to our mark we had caught our firs dollie and within 1 hour we had our bag limit. Our fish ranged from 1kg to 3.5kg it was awesome :thumbup: so them we went trolling for marlin with no strikes. So back to ramp by 12:30pm with 40 dolphin fish. As for mick (my mate) he add another 40 to this years total of dollie caught on his boat to 638. :beersmile::beersmile: The esky weighted around 80 kg it was a stuggle getting it out of boat :1yikes:

Yeah, not funny, not heroic, wonder how many of those dollies ended up in a freezer (their not much chop after they have been frozen) or just in a bin.

Used to talk to an old italian bloke spinning of the rocks and he used to tell me how him and his mates would catch so many bonito fishing out of a tinny in broken bay that the floor of the tinny would be covered in them and then he'd winge about how few he caught off the rocks nowdays. HMMMM one plus one equals ???

Yes I know 20 fish is "legal" .

not real impressed POGO

I love fishing, but don't enjoy eating fish, even less killing them.... (each to their own).

I believe you should take what you and family can eat, come back next week... else there'll be nathin to doooo...

Kind Regards,

JM

Great to hear the dollies are still around,hoping to try for some on the coming weekend.

Keeping them in those sort of numbers(40 & 600 odd for season) is just ridiculous :thumbdown::thumbdown: .

Bag limits are there not to exceed,NOT to achieve :ranting2::ranting2::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Guest Jewel

Mate the choice is your own and what is being done fits within the rules, but its worth thinking about throwing a few back. Fresh fish is far better than frozen!