Got Myself A Hoodlem

checch

Hey Guys and Girls...

Went out last friday out off south Sydney and had abit of a jig on a big school we found... had to work really hard, drifted over the spot about 3 or 4 times for nothing, one more try... drop the Jig to the bottom and 2 turns later bang, the rod absolutely loads up, drag is locked up to full on the shimano trinidad, the fish managed to take a little bit of line, but i quickly managed to click my body into winch mode and take control, 5 minutes and we were only 10m off the bottom, eventually i gained a little and backed off the drag to make sure i didnt pull the hooks.. i know this was going to be a big fish, the lunges were backbreaking, half way up the fish took control and with one great big lunge i lost my footing n slipped. eventually i got the fish up and she measured up at 128cm and 15.6KG, now thats what i call a Hood..

post-10339-126710063561_thumb.jpg

wow awsome fish for sydney!! i know in rarotonga and nz they catch 15-30kg kings all the time but off sydney thats impressive they seem to be alot more elussive around australia.. congrats on a catch of a life time!!!!

ps: what lb line were u using on the beast?