Adopt A Novice

rickster

After communicating through the "novice" site, organised to have a fish with Paul (SCRUBBY)for blackfish in the harbour. Paul's quite good and hardly a novice, but as with most forms of fishing, needed a bit of help with the presentation side. We soon had on one of my floats, rigged correctly and away we went. Started at Walsh Bay and within about 45 min. had 4 in the bag. How good's this, we're gonna need another keeper bag at this rate. left there about 2 hours later with..................4 fish although Paul did manage to hook his first surgeon, excitement for about 1 1/2 seconds. Probably was due to put a new trace and hook on anyway. Headed over to the Balmain area, where 1st spot encounted a couple of smallish fish, still Paul managed to add 1 more nice fish to the bag. Tried one more spot in that area, was slow and it seemed everytime we looked like calling it a day, another fish was landed. End up with 2 more each there including Pauls fish of the day, around the 700gm mark which unfortunately isn't shown in the photo as pics were already taken and cameras put away. Not a bad day, 9 keepers in all and the company was enjoyable.

Will be heading out with Paul again very soon as the blacky winter season is only just beginning. Just one more thing, please no more serious rain!

post-11436-126800038104_thumb.jpg

Well done Rick and Paul thumbup.gif

Rick you have now earned yourself a new title on your page which will be revealed later today.

You will be the first recipient yahoo.gif

Congrats to you and thankyou for taking the time to show someone the ropes.

Regards Admin

I would like to thank Rick for taking me out. With his knowlede of blackfishing I picked up some handy tips which resulted in some very nice keepers. The way Rick showed me how to set up the float with a running sinker between 2 swivels with a leader of about 1.5mt using 2.7kg flurocarbin line with no added lead is the way I will fish for now on. I can not say enough about the Fishraider Site & its members like Rick who are willing to take people like my self out & teach them the finer points of fishing.

Scrubby

I would like to thank Rick for taking me out. With his knowlede of blackfishing I picked up some handy tips which resulted in some very nice keepers. The way Rick showed me how to set up the float with a running sinker between 2 swivels with a leader of about 1.5mt using 2.7kg flurocarbin line with no added lead is the way I will fish for now on. I can not say enough about the Fishraider Site & its members like Rick who are willing to take people like my self out & teach them the finer points of fishing.

Scrubby

Thanks for the feedback scrubby. This is why this section was started and it shows generousity and real raider spirit. We have the best members and it's why we are THE best fishing site thumbup.gif

Cheers mrsswordie

• Like 1

Great report Rick. Thank you for sharing the results with us. :thumbup: A terrific response from scrubby also. I have moved your report to the Adopt a Learner Section and it has been pinned. I hope to see this Section fill with many more successful sojourns such as this one. :thumbup: Congrats to you both!

Cheers

Hodgey

• 1 year later...

Hey raiders,

Great read on an awesome session of luderick !! I want to get out and learn the dark art of luderick fishing but never knew where to start or how to go about it! Wondering if anyone was interested in showing me the ropes about luderick fishing. Ill supply all the gear thats needed, if you can tell me what is needed and then yeah any money for fuel or anything if we going on a boat I can help with also can help with cleaning. I just want to learn how to catch these buggers, it looks like good fun and a year round proposition !!

Please any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers Raiders,

Jez

Edited by Mr.KingSpooled

Hey raiders,

Great read on an awesome session of luderick !! I want to get out and learn the dark art of luderick fishing but never knew where to start or how to go about it! Wondering if anyone was interested in showing me the ropes about luderick fishing. Ill supply all the gear thats needed, if you can tell me what is needed and then yeah any money for fuel or anything if we going on a boat I can help with also can help with cleaning. I just want to learn how to catch these buggers, it looks like good fun and a year round proposition !!

Please any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers Raiders,

Jez

yo jez i have already adopted you....lol.....we been fishing some spots that have ludericks....you just never asked i have caught heaps in areas that we have been

yo jez i have already adopted you....lol.....we been fishing some spots that have ludericks....you just never asked i have caught heaps in areas that we have been

Lol well say something lol i never knew u knew how to fish for luderick !! Lets do it tonight bro im hungry n i feel like fish !!

LUDA!! RICK!!

cheers

• 2 weeks later...