Squidding

s9657bd

• 7 months later...

hey first post ever, squidding is really easy if you know the jigging, anywhere really in port hacking is good for land based squidding, id say spots on here but my friend swore to secrecy >.< but advice i can give is, that look for places at night during the week nights(less people), always find places where a light is turned on above water. Im new to it aswell being only 19, but have found my own little place where i can catch green eyes and blue swimmers :D.

Guest Aussie007

Rooster Man all u need is the basics 1.8-2.5 size yo-zuri or yamashita in pink or orange cast it out let it sink for a few seconds u will get a feel for the depth where u plan to squid if u snag dont let it sink as long than just a reel really slow steady reel in is the technique i use no jigging no fast reeling just slow and gentle if your over north sydney u can catch squid at balmoral off of the wharf under the light if your south of sydney there are plenty of places wallys wharf,cronulla ferry wharf,lurgano avenue burraneer (gunnamatta bay),wonga rd miranda wharf i havent caught any squid here but mates have and plenty of tell tail signs of ink on the wharf as well as every other squidding hot spot mentioned, gymea baths gets absolutely hammered by fishos for squid the light at night stays on untill 10-11pm most of the squid caught here are only bait size but there is a lot of squid there

good luck