South Head 9-3-10

Penguin

Hi everyone,

Myself and two friends went for a fish on Tuesday, we left Rose bay around 7am, met a

couple of Raiders there as they were launching their boat. They went in search of squid

we set of for the Colours with our Coles raw prawns and a few Garfish cubes.

The water at the Colours was a little dirty looking and there were heaps of little

brown jellyfish about. We caught a heap of undersize Kings at this spot after a few

drifts. We got bored of them after a while and decided to troll some lures back towards

the heads. A few mins into it and as we pass a white buoy a lure gets hit, we bring up a

Bonnie which is followed by a legal looking King. We bring in the lures and drift a few

prawns down. The Raiders we saw at the ramp earlier turn up with some squid as we are

on to a King, he went 66cm. The boys downrigged nearby and got onto a few 70cm+ Kings,

we anchored up and managed a heap more small ones and a 69cm specimen. We also

had Bonnies, Bream, Trevs and Mack Tuna in our berley trail, and we managed to catch quite

a few, we kept some and returned some. Somehow a flounder managed to find a free floating

bait and he went in the keeper box as well.

When the other two Raiders left they gave us a couple of Kings as we only had 2 keepers,

so I'd like to thank you guys, you know who you are. These 2 over 70cm Kings ended up at

the old peoples home next door, the cook and a couple of residents came out while we were

cleaning the boat, and as I have given them fish several times in the past, we gave them

a few fish. So I guess your Kings were meant to go there in the 1st place, I hope you

dont mind, thanks again. :thumbup:

We had a great few hours on the water, now need to find time to get out again.

cheers

Penguin

A couple of pics.

My neighbour Jono

post-1664-126820781343_thumb.jpg

Jono and another rat

post-1664-126820819132_thumb.jpg

Lil Mack Tuna

post-1664-126820822236_thumb.jpg

A rat and my foot

post-1664-126820824751_thumb.jpg

What we kept for ourselves

post-1664-126820828411_thumb.jpg

Edited by penguin

Good work on the Harbour again Penguin. I reckon you should have a young bloke on board standing by with a video camera John you never know what your blokes are going to strike when you get out there.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

HI Raider,

Is the white bouy that small bouy that is out at the colour on south head? The one that looks like a grab trap?

I was jigging for kings out the colours on saturday, however, had no luck getting fish.

Butch

There were a few white bouys at the Colours, the one we fished was a short distance

away all on its own.

Well done Penguin, you and Bill seem to make a good team....

Thanks for the heads up on the kings (location) aswell

Good to see you guys again, been a while, we gotta catch up soon, hopefully YFT season we can buddy up and get out there

Edited by netic

Well done Penguin, you and Bill seem to make a good team....

Thanks for the heads up on the kings (location) aswell

Good to see you guys again, been a while, we gotta catch up soon, hopefully YFT season we can buddy up and get out there

For sure Oz, good to see you guys out on the water again :thumbup:

cheers

Edited by penguin