Avoca, Quick Arvo Fish

Ray R

Hi Raiders, I went for a quick bottom bash around the rocks this arvo, the wind had abated from about 40 knots down to 25knots, so it was still windy, anyway I had a few casts and couldn't get any bream or flatties but I did get a pregnant stingray which soon after I removed the hooks gave birth to its little ones right there in front of me, I'm a dad again Hah!, anyway with the help of COMMITTED (Matt) we got the new family back into the water. I scored a couple of salmon one of which was a monster, not so much in length but the thing was thick as and weighed a ton.

So that's it, no eating stuff today but I still had a fun 2 hours or so..

post-3371-126829746099_thumb.jpg

post-3371-126829748634_thumb.jpg

post-3371-126829750966_thumb.jpg

post-3371-126829754191_thumb.jpg

post-3371-126829756144_thumb.jpg

I can see the headline now ... "Ray helps ray deliver rays".

Please tell me you were singing ... "a little ray of sunshine ... " at the time. :074:

Another amazing report Ray!!! You never disappoint!

That's a thumper salmon too.

And of course, brilliant photos. :thumbup:

Cheers

Peter

I went for a walk around there about 4pm, must have just missed you. There were a few hardy souls out the front not having much luck. Was hoping to see your new "ice cleats" in action and ask where you got them.

How do you tell all the Ray "Junior's" apart? :biggrin2:

Cheers

Congrats on starting a new family Ray, :1yikes::biggrin2:

cheers

:Funny-Post: You're gonna have some explainin' to do to Karen mate! :biggrin2: What a remarkable thing to witness. That is one fat salmon! With all that weed hanging around I'm surprised you haven't been chasing the luderick ;)

Cheers

Hodgey

Hi Ray

Did you bleed and eat the salmon Ray? I quickly bled my salmon last week and put them on ice right away.

They were great little beer batter fillets and tasted good - bit of a misconception from the fishing community that you cant eat these fish

Thanks

BUTCH

haha great stuff Ray i never knew that stingrays gave birth n not lay eggs o_O would of been pretty awesome to see even though it would of given birth because it was stressed at being caught :P

as for eating salmon well i wouldnt eat em again as they tasted crap :P but then again alot of people wont eat bonito saying they taste crap :/ but i love bonito :D

Hi Ray

Did you bleed and eat the salmon Ray? I quickly bled my salmon last week and put them on ice right away.

They were great little beer batter fillets and tasted good - bit of a misconception from the fishing community that you cant eat these fish

Thanks

BUTCH

Na mate, I just enjoy the fight to bring the big buggers in, then photographed and released..:thumbup: