Usa Or Australian Bream/bass Boats?

harry.dz

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just read through this post (I am only new to this site), and I thought I would throw my two cents worth in. I currently have a large Aussie made boat which I love for fishing outside and I am about to buy a breamin boat, unfortunately, I do not have a huge budget, so it will not be real special, however, I have been through the exercise of checking out every conceivable option. I have been lucky enough to fish from Ranger Boats, Skeeter Boats and Tracker Boats (many times) along with TABS, Attack, Honets, edgetrackers etc and I have to say that the USA made boats are absolutely awesome compared to the aussie made craft, given the new Haines looks pretty flash and there was a new release at the Tinnie and Tackle show called a 4.4 nymph, which is one of the best finished boats I have ever seen, however, I can not comment on the ride or fishability of either of these.

Regarding the sub $20k market, I can not agree that the aussies have it sown up, I will personally be getting a Polycraft as it suits my needs and budget well, however, my neighbour imported a Tracker Boat (bought at retail) from the USA landed here in Australia for AUS$16,000.00 and it makes our options look like poor cousins, it rides beautifully, its over 17 ft long and is powered by a 50HP merc and goes really well, it wont do 90kms but where we fish, it is not possible anyway, the broadwater in the gold coast already has a maximum speed limit of 40 Kts. When you see what you can get for your monay, it is hard to accept a Hornet for $30k!!!

Anyway, I reckon some of you boys should try out the USA made boats and see what you think, keep in mind that if you do import them yourself, you throw your warranty down the drain, but I have never had a $15,000 warranty claim, at the moment I am arguing with my motor manufacturer because the decals have pealed off two 16 mth old motors and they will not replace them, so you have to wonder if you would really be missing anything!

Just my opinion.

Fletch

The multi series pictured was taken outside the Sydney heads for a test run on Wednesday by Pete (ABA boss) and Dean Hayes (Sydney/Hawkesbury Charter operater). Dean said it performed exceptionally outside the heads when put through its paces. They also christened it with a few kings with one just over a metre taken on 4kg tackle (Dean will include the photo in an upcoming magazine article). Hopefully next wednesday Mick and I will get to test its versatility by taking it to some ultra shallow and narrow hawkesbury creeks chasing EP's :thumbup:

wait untill it gets a motor then it will be faster. that was my daughter she was trying to help me put a pik up. she was wrong and I've got no idea how to do it. Appears to be some to do with my kodak software.cheers trackka. :05:

wait untill it gets a motor then it will be faster. that was my daughter she reckoned she new how to put a picture up! she was wrong and I've got no idea how to do it. Appears to be some to do with my kodak software.cheers trackka. :05:

46563[/snapback]

try this one :thumbup:

post-427-1115466481_thumb.jpg

I have been following this topic recently, and am suprised at how defensive the American Bass Boat owners/importers have become.

Harry has opened a debate which has obviously created alot of interest. EVERYONE has an opinion, and an opinion is always Bias, unless it wouldnt be an opinion.

Sitting on the fence here I think both styles of boats are great.

The importing of American boats can only mean our Aussie manufacturers will pick up their game and offer us more competitive boats without the taxes, stamp duties (not sure how much or if even applies) and import costs to be built into the margins, which we all the know the end user pays for.

I think the thought of a boat that can be found inside fishing the racks, and also being able to handle some heavy sea, catching kingies off the rocks is every fishermans dream ?

AndyH, your comments and tone of voice definately call for a response. How can you write a post like that and not be asking for a response ? Harry has not asked for your time and am sure does not need to waste your time riding your boats to

state an opinion.

KenA, I must also disagree with you editing Harrys comments big fella. :ranting2:

Quoting from a magazine by a professional can only add substance to the debate. Rules are rules however I don't beleive justice has been done there.

It is also a pity to have a topic that has so many posts and replies being tampered with and people then not seing what was said...

Me is starting to beleive their is a conflict of interest here....

Good luck to the american boat importers, yes you have a great product and I have nothing against them, but I think you need to get on the back foot abit guys and accept peoples opinions.

Bring on the Aussie boats I say !! :thumbup:

Nick

KenA, I must also disagree with you editing Harrys comments big fella
It is also a pity to have a topic that has so many posts and replies being tampered with and people then not seing what was said...

Posts & sections of posts in breach of the site rules have been removed

Here's a link to the Site Rules

The rules are followed by all & if some members choose to break them then as per the rules posts are edited or removed.

I agree Nick that it is a pity to have to remove posts it makes it hard to follow whats going on.

What would you have me do ? Leave posts on the board that contain personal abuse etc etc ?

It would make things better for everyone if people didn't make offensive posts :biggrin2:

I'll add my few cents :1naughty:

I've had the pleasure of being on one of the newer US hulls for a run in the Harbour - bloody nice :biggrin2:

I wouldn't take it 5klms offshore, but that isn't what it was designed for.

It seems like people are wanting to have thier cake and eat it too - seriously, there aren't really any boats on the market that really allow you to fish skinny water for Bream one minute, then troll for Marlin the next.

Having said that, I haven't been on the new Triton that the pics are of, but it seems a much better compromise.

A couple of boats I'm stunned I don't see more of are the Formula 15 and the Flycraft.

Both these boats are based on the old Haines 445F hull - a proven outside hull, and quite capable in the shallow stuff. If in doubt about this hull start searching on the net and you'll be amazed.

Both the manufacturers of these boats will happily build to your needs - I have no association with either of them, I just wanted to make the point that there are other options available if you think outside the square.

You can also get higer sided US Bass style boats, more what they use for their 'Walleye' fishing, which could be argued to be more appropriate for our all-round fishing environments.

To give you an idea I've attached a pic of a Formula 15 decked out as an offshore boat - I've seen exactly the same boat set up for estuary lure fishing, one of the Vic ABT competitiors has one and it is a very capable boat.

I'll also put one on of the bare hull - It's easy to see where you can go from a blank canvas (I can't seem to get two pics in the same post properly).

I hope this post isn't seen as advertising - I'm trying to get the point across that there are plenty of options out there, and a diverse marketplace can only be good for the consumer. We can get exactly what we want, without having to 'settle' for what's available.............. remember what was around only a few years ago??

Cheers,

post-85-1115592918_thumb.jpg

I have been following this topic recently, and am suprised at how defensive the American Bass Boat owners/importers have become.

Harry has opened a debate which has obviously created alot of interest. EVERYONE has an opinion, and an opinion is always Bias, unless it wouldnt be an opinion.

Sitting on the fence here I think both styles of boats are great.

The importing of American boats can only mean our Aussie manufacturers will pick up their game and offer us more competitive boats without the taxes, stamp duties (not sure how much or if even applies) and import costs to be built into the margins, which we all the know the end user pays for.

I think the thought of a boat that can be found inside fishing the racks, and also being able to handle some heavy sea, catching kingies off the rocks is every fishermans dream ?

AndyH, your comments and tone of voice definately call for a response. How can you write a post like that and not be asking for a response ? Harry has not asked for your time and am sure does not need to waste your time riding your boats to

state an opinion.

KenA, I must also disagree with you editing Harrys comments big fella. :ranting2:

Quoting from a magazine by a professional can only add substance to the debate. Rules are rules however I don't beleive justice has been done there.

Me is starting to beleive their is a conflict of interest here....

Good luck to the american boat importers, yes you have a great product and I have nothing against them, but I think you need to get on the back foot abit guys and accept peoples opinions.

Bring on the Aussie boats I say !! :thumbup:

Nick

46687[/snapback]

Ye what soapie said.. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...