New Botany Boat Ramp - Disgraceful !

mrbroadbill

G'DAY RAIDERS,

WENT TO VISIT THE NEW BOTANY BOAT RAMP ON SUNDAY NIGHT TO CHECK OUT THE FISHOS THAT HAD JUST COME BACK FROM FISHING,

AS SOON AS I DROVE INTO THE CAR PARK I WAS SHOCKED AND DISSAPOINTED TO SEE ALL THESE YOUNG IDIOTS HANGING AROUND THE CAR PARK AND BOAT RAMP :( DOING WHAT MAY YOU ASK ? THATS EXCACTLY IT !! NOTHING ! LOSERS WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO , JUST AGAIN OUT IN THERE CARS , SPEED AROUND THE CAR PARK THERE AND CAUSE TROUBLE.

THERE WAS A INCIDENT THERE WHERE A BOATIE WAS REVERSING HIS TRAILER INTO THE WATER TO PICK HIS BOAT AND SOME MORON DECIDED THAT THE TRAILER AND CAR WASNT THERE AND WASNT GOING TO LET HIM REVERSE DOWN THE RAMP..

I WAS ONLY THERE FOR 10 MINUTES AND LEFT I COULDNT STAND BEING THERE I WAS DISGUSTED, WAT SHOULD BE DONE TO STOP THESE HOONS INVADING BOAT RAMPS KYEEMAGH BOAT RAMP INCLUDED !! NOT ONLY THAT IS YOUR CAR SAFE THERE AT NIGHT ???

MAYBE SECURITY PATROLS OR PERHAPS BOOM GATES WITH ACCESS ONLY WITH A FISHING LICENCE TO STOP THE IDIOTS IN THERE DONE UP CARS INVADING .... HAVE ANY OTHER RAIDERS EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROBLEM ????

Was out there last Tuesday during the day and there were workers when I went out and when I came back, so felt that my car was quite safe. But as you pointed out, would not be so confident during night time.

Would also be interested if anyone has any stories of actual break-ins or damage.

Cheers.

Hello Raiders,

I am sure there will be alot of responses to this topic. We should tell the idiots to go and get a life. Not long ago one of my windows got smashed just for the fun of it,not just my other vehicles too.

At the entrance of the boat ramp it said " only for vehicle with trailers/boats only after 8 pm permited", they still drove in regards there is a sign or not. I am sure alot of incident that happened but we never report to the police. If it happens to anyone, please report to the local police and they will patrol it more frequently.

Henry

Edited by slinkymalinky

it is shocking,

they are all just a bunch of 16-17 yo P Plater idiots who are arrogant and think they are untouchable when they are with a group of friends.

i dont goto that boat ramp no more seems a lil dodgy to me anyway but kyeemagh has the same amount of tools as the botany ramp and i've had the stupidest of things stolen .... and once came back to see my car with flat tyres >:/

i suggest police need to patrol the area's as the security gaurd ive seen at the botany ramp do bugger all

edit: removed some more rants

Edited by DGF

After talking to admin I've re-opened this topic after editing some replies.

I'd remind all members that this is a family site. Regardless of the level of anger and frustration, please keep the language within reasonable boundaries and don't let your frustration lead you to get personal or offensive.

The sort of behaviour going on at this boat ramp is something we all want to see stamped out so letting the conversation go is worthwhile

BUT

Try to be constructive in your comments... ideas on how this sort of thing might be solved are what we need most.

Slinky

cheers slinky and once more i apologize if i offended anyone :) but it does need to be addressed police patrols in these area's would work well as well as a no loitering rule

boom gates would be great but i doubt it would happen as it will cost a fair bit to keep it operational at the hours that it is needed for.

as earlier stated ive come back to my car with flat tyres all round ... was great that someone had a 12v air pump that got them up enough to get to the local servo. I have also seen people have Rollers stolen from their trailers and winches etc..

if the police can remove these people and patrol it at night would be great.

Regards

Aaron

Thankyou Gentlemen,

Please keep this topic as constructive as possible and we will try and get some type of help on this subject as it is close to all our hearts.

I have now contacted the LAC or local area command at Botany (POLICE)

Anyone with legitimate reasons or had vandalism or hooliganism happen to them personally,please forward your complaints to....

fishraider@iinet.net.au

This will need all details including your contact details and address and PH number.

Please be accurate with time/dates and type of problem

This will be kept strictly confidential by the Fishraider Administration

Regards Admin

I've been there late Sunday night launching a boat...and there were P platers hanging out there then.. I felt like calling the cops, but they seemed to be just hangin out, doin the odd "burn out"...nothing me and my mates didn't do when we 1st got our licenses...

Maybe 24hr taped camera surveillance would be a good idea, with better lighting.

After talking to admin I've re-opened this topic after editing some replies.

I'd remind all members that this is a family site. Regardless of the level of anger and frustration, please keep the language within reasonable boundaries and don't let your frustration lead you to get personal or offensive.

The sort of behaviour going on at this boat ramp is something we all want to see stamped out so letting the conversation go is worthwhile

BUT

Try to be constructive in your comments... ideas on how this sort of thing might be solved are what we need most.

Slinky

Hello Slinky,

I apologise of i ever offend anyone for my abuse language. I will behave in future. I hope everyone understands the frustration. Some people having fun at other's expenses. Once again my apology.

Cheers,

One of the past nights I came back around midnight to Roseville Bridge Ramp.

THere were 3 not too inspiring guys fishing from the pontoon there.

On approach one of the guys asked me if I needed help. Since I was alone.

Got to the car, reversed down the ramp and collected the boat.

I am a 6feet2 tall guy, but I can tell you I was not feeling safe, but hey they didnt do anything to scare me.

Today at 4PM on my way out of Roseville Bridge ramp I saw what obviously was the remaining of 2 smashed windows.

It might not fit here, but what can be done to get them off the ramps?

I mean they are 16, have a car, but no place to go, as too young to get into bars / Disco / pubs

And just by chasing the police after them, the problem is not solved