Sign in to follow this  
Luringbream

3D Imaging Software

Does anyone run any 3D imaging software in their boat for bottom bashing browns and the like?

If so, what brand unit do you run and could you please PM me a link to the website.

DAN

Hi Dan,

I have 3d imaging on my Hummingbird sounder....works great, in shallower waters.

As far as I know...there is no 3d imaging technology for deep areas like Browns etc. I think the limit for my sounder (3d image only, sonar is different) is something like 70mtrs deep....my sounder is the best one you can buy from Hummingbird....cost around $3500

Just check to see if Lowrance's new units can 'image' deeper than 100mtrs.

Sonar readings will get down much deeper.....for Browns mountain you will certainly need at least a 1Kwatt transducer.

Cheers,

Wack'

take a look at this DR DEPTH

"DrDepth is a software application that runs on either a PC (Vista/XP/2000/NT4/ME/98 etc) or a Pocket PC (Pocket PC/Windows Mobile 2003 or later). DrDepth creates bathymetric maps from position and depth data delivered by your GPS and sounder. DrDepth can be used for mapping both on and off the water."

Thanks guys.

That NavNet 3D lets you do anything, its incredible! A bit out of my price range though.

The unit i'm after is a cheaper alternative, still quite costly though, and plots charts like the one below, does anyone know the name of it?

post-331-126939656843_thumb.jpg

post-331-126939657625_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Daniel

Maybe MaxSea???

Google that and I think it links to your sounder and gps and graphs it on your computer???

Link weather, currents and satalite imaging onto it as well....

Greg