Canada Bay Fishing Ban

Tuff luck you'll just have to go somewhere else. We've had enough
is a bit harsh. We ALL have the right to use wharves, our taxes pay for them, as I said in previous post, maybe the laws should start getting enforced and regular patrols done of problem spots.

I live on the Central Coast and at times get upset with visitors leaving mess up here but should we ban fishermen from coming here fishing as a result of a few untidy people? Could see it now, all roads to coast closed to fishermen haha.

Edited by Fezza

Just to paint the picture of the SOME people who gather on Cabarita Wharf at night are best described as. Those who swear, intimidate, fight, leave rubbish, have no fishing licence and take undersize fish. I’m sure I’ve missed a few other things. Though I won’t suggest that is everyone who goes fishing on the wharf. It’s only a few. However, people like this show up enough for residents like myself and the council to propose closure to the wharfs to fishing. Also as many people have said before these people should be fined would not work. First of all the police aren’t going to do anything and when they do it’s because of a noise complaint, fighting or for other illegal activities. The fisheries won’t come for fear of being bash and nor will the council rangers do anything for the same reason. By closing the wharfs the council will hopefully remove these people from the local area. Also by the looks of things Fezza you live in the Central Coast. I live in the local area this ban effects. I have to deal with the knowledge that the wharf where I catch my ferry from had double stabbing a bashing last year. For me it’s a worry every time I catch a late night ferry home. I hope my council rates go towards paying for a gate that is locked and only open for ferry users. I’d be interested to hear from other Canada Bay residents have to say.

To reiterate it’s only a few people that do the wrong thing. Unfortunately for residents in Canada Bay who use the wharfs and live close to the wharfs it’s something we shouldn’t have to put up with. Hopefully closing the wharfs to fishing will make Canada Bay a safer place.

Edited by Scottiedon

this is SOOOOOOOO counter productive!!!!

the problem is, they'll ban fishing off wharves and then have cops out enforcing the ban!!

HELLLLOOOOOOO?!?!!? Have cops out NOW enforcing the "pick up your crap before you leave" rule and we wouldn't have this problem in the first place!!!!

i've called fisheries and police AT LEAST 50 times over the last 10 years for either people keeping illegal fish (10cm snapper is an example that comes to mind!) or over fishing or people coming onto a wharf and having a BBQ then expecting others to clean up after them and NOT ONCE....that's right.... NOT ONCE has anyone turned up!

where are our licencing dollars going?!?!?

i bet you the cops will show up to enforce the ban though cause it means $$$$ to them in fines!!!

Spot on mate !!