All Night Session

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

The Youngfella and two FB`s fished Frid and Sat Night for A mixed bag of Greenback Tailor and some solid keeper bream ,and a few nice whiting.

Puzzling as it was , he had two stiff hook ups with something akin to a big Jew , but both times , after about 5 or so minutes , they spat the hook .

Smiths Beach , between Manning Point And the Old Bar Entrance , is hard to get to , but at least it`s a nice sandy Strip of beach that produces some good fish regularly , but not this time.

When I say this time , I mean that as they were explicitly targeting large Jews ( 8/0 loaded with golf ball size helpings of fresh Worms ) it was disapointing .

A dozen or so 3/4lb tailor are OK as well , along with 4-5 good bream is also nothing to sneeze at , but a let down after fishing the entire tide at night.

Mick

G`day Fellas ,

Hey Anks , I`ve heard of some good catches of Greenies lately , but the same thing happened to me a few years back.

I started catching some very good tailor for a week or two , and then ZIP , they were gone , then back came the Just legals , or a bit over , where good sized ones were hard to get .

I really only use them for bait though , although I have tried them barbecued and I thought they were about Ok.

We have resident Tailor all year round , but sometimes they are so wide out , its useless trying for them .

Mick