Jewtastic

fishhunter76

Hi Raiders,

This morning my mate his family and i went fishing at one of my favourite fishing spot.

Arrived there at around 5:30 and the place was full...head to our spot and rigged up our rods, then caught a few yakkas for bait, No word of a lie within 10 mins off the first cast bang the rod bends and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ it goes :thumbup: pulled up our first jewie, which was around the 100-110 mark...Fantastic.... :yahoo: .

Throw in another livie and 10 mins later zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz again this time one around the 70-80 mark... :yahoo::yahoo:

The sun came up so i started to do a bit of spinning first cast bang on to a ok mackeral,

The rod next to me started bending straight away on i was on again, this time a descent size salmon, my mate then yelled out and his rod bending and screamed ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ he was on again, This time it was a great fight, after about 6-8 mins up comes a FANTASTIC Jewie Bigger then the first one :1yikes: ..

it was great to see everything happen at once...lol...then things died out abit and soo we sat back and had a little chat until my mates rod started screaming again, he ran to it and pick it up by then it was tooo late the line snapped, he forgot to release the drag abit, His line was 60lb which made us think how big this fish that got away was. :thumbdown: ...anyway this was one session that i wont forget for awhile.. :thumbup:

Cheers LALA

post-7346-127017510438_thumb.jpg

post-7346-127017517277_thumb.jpg

post-7346-12701753183_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replys raiders, im no master of catching the jewies...lol..guess they where there at the right time :thumbup: ..Lucky for me..

But alot off people seem to catch jews there all the time..Heres a few more pics. :biggrin2:

Mike i Know you know where my favourite place is...lol. i know you will not know where my favourite place is...lol..

Cheers Lala

post-7346-12701921682_thumb.jpg

post-7346-1270192190_thumb.jpg

awesome landbased jew lala,well done.& to get 3 in a session is the icing on the cake.they obviously were holding in that spot.did you happen to get a weight on any of them???& what rig & gear was used to land em?

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

awesome landbased jew lala,well done.& to get 3 in a session is the icing on the cake.they obviously were holding in that spot.did you happen to get a weight on any of them???& what rig & gear was used to land em?

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

The weight probably around 5-7kg roughly, when i left my mate and his dad landed another 4 around the 110 mark..guess there was a school around..lucky them :biggrin2:

0-------------------sinker---swivel-----------------------hook

I caught them on my 12ft beach rod on 30lb mono line...hope that explains it..

Cheers LALA

Edited by lala

Good effort catching live bait first up Lala :thumbup: and then going into speculation mode and striking a jewfish pack coming in for a look just before first light and so late in the run out tide too :thumbup: and catching metre plus jewfish and I'd say much to the horror of the onlookers :biggrin2:

One can't help but notice the large numbers of general species that have been coming into Sydney over the last eighteen months or so since the big freeze during the autumn winter period of 2008 which led to the mass migration of general species out of Sydney as some might remember..The extreme shortage of estuary fish was then followed by a massive influx of fish into the Sydney area as we've seen and noticed by the consistency of catches by our members alone over the last eighteen months or so.

Still most of the jewfish caught during this important "revival phase for Sydney" one could say have been typically around the 3 to 5 kilo size and noticably in the Hawkesbury and the Georges.

These results of yours are certainly a good indication that the jewfish schools coming into our estuaries this year are going to be around that typical 7-12 kilos size as have been the breeding size schools in the past. Over this autumn and winter I think we might see a big improvement in the number of jewfish schools of these sizes going well up into the rivers as well as schooling up in places like Middle Harbour and Port Hacking on an incoming regular bases over these important breeding months for a change.

Lala you might have to come up to my place soon, just bring a mate along and help me out with the boat and we can do an overdue Hawksebury session. :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: