Fishing Beads

love2fish02

what are fishing beads used for and where do you put them?

Umm... its used for fishing. hahha..

Well, red beads etc are used to attract fishes' attention. Usually, whiting. I think its supposed to look like the head of the beach worms which the whiting feeds on. its normally attached just above the hook.

Umm... its used for fishing. hahha..

Well, red beads etc are used to attract fishes' attention. Usually, whiting. I think its supposed to look like the head of the beach worms which the whiting feeds on. its normally attached just above the hook.

Sometimes they're used as litte umm...shock absorbers to prevent sinkers damaging knots etc. I use them above some floats to stop small "stoppers" going through the float eyelet or sometimes to stop small hook eyes going inside sinkers. Hope that makes sence :wacko:

i use beads for float fishing. somewhere along my line i have a float stopper bead or knot but i like it small. however, this usually lets the stopper go through my float. so i usually put a bead above the float, the hole in the bead are a lot smaller, so it stops the float going further up my line.

Hi aqua02 you can use green fluoro beads on the leader line just above the bait and if you light up the fluoro beads under a head light for a few minutes there's a good chance that your night time bites will increase.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

i do the same as smitty when fishing a running sinker, the sinker never jams up into the knot so the fish will not feel the weight of the sinker especially good when fishing tthe washes around the rocks and beaches for blackies

peter :1fishing1:

Hi AquaO2 As you can see by the replies there are several reasons why beads are as close as it gets to a must have in you tackle supply.

Here's another worthwhile use for beads for you to consider over using crimped wire or the coated traces etc when you're fishing for toothy critters....You can use a series of beads directly above the hook as a trace rig and also for the purpose of having a little bit of weight particularly above the nose of a livie or for adding that little extra weight at the top of a bait where you need to fish deeper when lightly weighted baits might have a tendency to rise on the day or in conjunction with adding lead to the nose for when your live baits swim too close to the surface etc....

To make a trace rig out of hard beads:-

Buy some bean shaped ceramic beads from a craft shop and seal them together by gluing them end to end with araldite to make a single unit and thread the leader line into a group of four to six bean shaped beads- provided they can't slip back up the line, each series of well sealed beads does prevent leader abrasion and break offs, particularly from the side to side saw action by head shaking fish such as flathead .

Force the bottom bead over an upside down blood knot going up the leader line above the hook not around the hook shank and have a soft green lumo bead hard up against the top ceramic bead but have the hole in the bottom fluoro bead large enough to slip over the eye of the hook and stay there to prevent the serious of beads from slipping up the line.

Here is a you tube link to tying an upside down blood knot to slip the lower end of the series of beads over, the upside down blood knot is an old knot that used to be used for tying hooks on to cord lines and joining cord lines together, you can lock the knot if you wish but by the nature of the loop and the line fed backwards and back in under itself thru the same hole it came out of, you'll find that this knot will not slip on monofilament line either.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer