Help! My Drag Has Stopped Whizzzzing!

Hi Guys/Girls,

I went fishing recently and was unsuccessful trying to retreive a snagged lure ($36 Jackal - Never again lol) and as a result I think I have damaged the drag on my Shimano Sienna reel. the drag still seems to work but it no longer makes the whizzzz noise.

Any advice?

Cheers

Ben

Edited by Bez

Ok it looks like I have broken a small spring type setup on the inside of the spool. (the part that rachets on the centre spline).

I will need a repalcement part as the part is clipped in and crumbled when I touched it. I was being to hard on the reel :(

Edited by Bez

Dear Ben,

That's your Clicker part of your spool can be replaced if the reel is fairly new and still have the reciepts you can take it back to where you bought it and they can send it back to shimano all you will have to pay is the freight as Shimano products carry a 10 year Warranty.

I had the Same problem with my shimano Slade 2500 but I took it into the Shimano Service Centre at Taren Point that would be quite a hike for you but anyway they did not even bother replacing my clicker just simply gave me a brand new spool.

I know that the reel does not get effected by it but its just weird to use...

Regards,

Nathan

G'day Ben,

It's a pretty common problem... they fail for various reasons. It probably wasn't being too hard on your reel as the load they take isn't related to the pressure on the reel or the drag.

It's an easy fix if you get the parts. Once you've installed the new clicker, paint on a light smear of grease with a little paintbrush... not to lubricate it, just to protect it better from salt and water.

Cheers, Slinky

Hey mate simple fix just give shimano spares a call on Tuesday and they will have the part sent out, it is that easy with Shimano, their number can be found on their website.

Cheers,

Sz1

Thanks guys,

The reel is only 2 weeks old and as yet have only used in fishing fresh water.

But I will give Shimano a call and get the part sent out. I will grab some of that grease too. as I should service my Shakespeare Balance reel too as it has been in saltwater.

Thanks for the replies guys, helpful as always.

Edited by Bez

Hi All just giving the latest,

I rang shimano and told him what happened and he sent out a replacement with not questions, receipts etc. mind you nit that anyone without the reel would want the part. and it arrived today and I put it in and I am clicking again!!

Excellent!!! How good is their Service!!!! I like dealing with them and you can even buy parts directly from them I bought a additional spool for one of my reels also... Good to hear that your clicking again :thumbup:

Regards,

Nathan