Long Jetty Near The Entrance

tomski

Hi Tomski,

Will you be landbased?

Do you have transport?

There's lots of options. There's bream coming in and some flathead too. Plus the beach at the mouth has options.

Koalaboi

Hi Koalaboi

yea more likely land based from the jetty....i go to The Entrance alot nowadays since landing my 1st fish (Flatty) on SP

couldn't get some bream though ....maybe something i did heheheh

still looking for those big bream though:biggrin2:

was up there over over the break, my cousin owns a few tackle shops up there PM me ill let you know where we were catching some very nice whiting

i might take you up on that offer but i got a bone to pick there as something big take my live bait few time.....the 4th time it manage snap the butt of my fishing rod so want to try that again

Hi Tomski,

I've never seen many decent fish caught off the jetties. I do know a lot of blokes prawn off the jetty and can do OK.

I've also seen plenty of blue swimmer crabs scuttling about under the piles as well as schools of poddy mullet.

My advice would be to head towards Picnic Point. The channel there is worth a flick with soft plastics, you could also try live poddies. As you move around towards the bridge, you'll find plenty of spots. Bream and whiting and maybe even some blackfish. The sandflats east of the bridge have seen lots of people using poppers and/or bloodworms getting some whiting. Guys fishing into the ocean at the mouth have been pulling in some decent bream even during daylight hours.

The mouth of the channel has more sand than I've seen in decades. This means that there is little tidal movement in the lake which makes it hard to predict where to look for fish. A bloke I know fishes the flats just west of the boat ramp in a little canoe. He's been getting lots of good size flathead and bream using lures, mullet strips etc throwing his baits around the sandy patches in only a couple of feet of water just as it gets dark.

Enjoy your stay and I hope you get a feed.

Koalaboi

Edited by Koalaboi

Hi Tomski,

I've never seen many decent fish caught off the jetties. I do know a lot of blokes prawn off the jetty and can do OK.

I've also seen plenty of blue swimmer crabs scuttling about under the piles as well as schools of poddy mullet.

My advice would be to head towards Picnic Point. The channel there is worth a flick with soft plastics, you could also try live poddies. As you move around towards the bridge, you'll find plenty of spots. Bream and whiting and maybe even some blackfish. The sandflats east of the bridge have seen lots of people using poppers and/or bloodworms getting some whiting. Guys fishing into the ocean at the mouth have been pulling in some decent bream even during daylight hours.

The mouth of the channel has more sand than I've seen in decades. This means that there is little tidal movement in the lake which makes it hard to predict where to look for fish. A bloke I know fishes the flats just west of the boat ramp in a little canoe. He's been getting lots of good size flathead and bream using lures, mullet strips etc throwing his baits around the sandy patches in only a couple of feet of water just as it gets dark.

Enjoy your stay and I hope you get a feed.

Koalaboi

Thanks koalaboi for the advice

haven't been to picnic point for a while i should give SP a go there

i tried live poddies in long jetty it works fine but couldn't land the fish as its something big (dunno what...coz didn't get a glimpse as it make a dive and snap my line in process) so going to try that again hoping that whatever it is taking my livies sticking around hehehehe

again thanks for the advice

hv a great weekend