"bait Mate" Bait Boards

mattwf

hi mate, i havent had one personally but ive been in a boat which had a helm seat with storage and an inbuilt live bait tank. They seem quite good, quality construction, locally made..... thumbs up from me. Its just the ugly logo all over them that puts me off.

Billyd

I fitted one to a friends ( Humesy) boat a few months back. The quality & finish of the baitboard / bait tank is excelant.

However , there were 2 minor issues.

The black plastic cutting boards which cover the top , bow when exposed to heat of the sun. These were replaced with nylon cutting boards available from most department stores.

This particular unit had a drain hole in the rear left hand corner but it was too small to fit a skin fitting & needed to be enlarged which was not an easy job.

I sent a mail to Rod at Baitmate suggesting he use a different product for the cutting boards & supply the unit with out the hole leaving it up to the customer to cut a hole that best suited their requirement.

Attached for interest are photo's of the finished unit.

Geoff

post-731-12708516719_thumb.jpg

post-731-127085171966_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geoff

thanks for the replies guys.

geoff - yeah i have seen humesy's boat down at the ramp but couldnt remember who made his.

was there a reason u wanted to fit a skin fitting rather than just clamp a hose to the drain plug?

Geoff - yeah i have seen humesy's boat down at the ramp but couldnt remember who made his.

was there a reason u wanted to fit a skin fitting rather than just clamp a hose to the drain plug?

There was no actual drain fitting to fit a hose , just a hole so decided to fit a skin fitting which could double for the overflow & drain.

The attached photo has the pipe fitted in the overflow position. At days end , the orange pipe pulls out to release the water. (Ignor the piece of clear tube in the photo)

post-731-127094295609_thumb.jpg

Geoff

i bought a baitmate board.

I must say, for a guy based in bris, me in syd, going off a hand drawing, he made the board spot on.

Everyone that comes on my boat cannot believe how perfect it is.

Knife storage, sinkers/hook tray, a drawer, livebait tank and drain.

post-11754-127102503889_thumb.jpg

post-11754-127102504901_thumb.jpg

post-11754-127102505949_thumb.jpg

post-11754-127102507334_thumb.jpg

i bought a baitmate board.

I must say, for a guy based in bris, me in syd, going off a hand drawing, he made the board spot on.

Everyone that comes on my boat cannot believe how perfect it is.

Knife storage, sinkers/hook tray, a drawer, livebait tank and drain.

can you trim your motor all the way up

looks a little close ?

i plan on getting him to make me up a tank as soon as i get my floor carpeted

framedtrash... good question but i have the answer. Apart of my design was i wanted the bait tank removable for when i need motor servied.

The bait tank is removable. He made a frame around it to support the tank when full of, and from the aerial shot you can see it is lipped.

At the bottom there is a bolt to hold it in position, and whenever i want it out, i undo the bolt, then lift the tank out. (look at one of the photos attached).

However, when driving to the ramp, i can trim the motor up enough to drive and use a perfectly cut piece of wood to hold it in place.

Or, if you like you can make the tank not so thick, but make it wider instead, but better to have a removable tank just incase motor needs major work done.

Even my boat mechanic thought it was very unique and definitely a great invention.

Couple more pics.

post-11754-12710373405_thumb.jpg

post-11754-127103737128_thumb.jpg

can you trim your motor all the way up

looks a little close ?

As Stacer560 mentioned , it is a good question & one that was taken into account when ordering the tank for Humsey's boat.

The two center rod holders were not included & the tank was tapered , being narrower at the base.

If I recall correctly there is about 1 - 2" clearence when the motor is raised.

The attached photo shows the taper

Geoff

post-731-127104310742_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

hey guys

i'm looking a purchasing a bait board from Bait Mate.

wondering if anyone has one and if so how do you rate them.

matt.

Hi Matt,

I have just recently purchased a Baitmate baitboard and only fiited and plumbed it up last week. It's a PM640 which has a 40 litre live bait tank, a tray beneath and of course the chopping board on top. I can highly recommend the product in terms of looks, quality of craftmanship and cost.

Cheers,

Starman,

Gabe

post-9344-015174500 1285220973_thumb.jpg

post-9344-032387200 1285221020_thumb.jpg

Hi Matt,

I have just recently purchased a Baitmate baitboard and only fiited and plumbed it up last week. It's a PM640 which has a 40 litre live bait tank, a tray beneath and of course the chopping board on top. I can highly recommend the product in terms of looks, quality of craftmanship and cost.

Cheers,

Starman,

Gabe

post-9344-015174500 1285220973_thumb.jpg

post-9344-032387200 1285221020_thumb.jpg

verrry nice reminds me its another thing i still need to add to my shopping list

i want the same setup as your but maybe a slightly larger tank

can you please PM me the price you paid for that

cheers

G'day Matt,

I can highly recommend the boards. As Stacer said, the guy in Brisbane does a top job in catering for particular needs, particularly going from phone descriptions and photos sent via email. He was very reasonably priced as well. I was very lucky to have Geoff install the tank for me. As he mentioned, I replaced the cutting board with a large sized kitchen cutting board from a homewares store. This does the job very well.

Cheers

G'day Matt,

I can highly recommend the boards. As Stacer said, the guy in Brisbane does a top job in catering for particular needs, particularly going from phone descriptions and photos sent via email. He was very reasonably priced as well. I was very lucky to have Geoff install the tank for me. As he mentioned, I replaced the cutting board with a large sized kitchen cutting board from a homewares store. This does the job very well.

Cheers

Hi Humsey, welcome back.Mate when you come up harrington way,

at end of year,Iam hoping we will be in harrington by then.

I might wait and have a look at your baitmate,before I order.

Cheers Rick.