Shimano Navi Reels

johnny doi

hi raiders,

i was in the tackle store the other day & noticed the shimano navi.it was in the smaller 2000-4000 sizes.iv seen on a couple dvds of the bigger models being used[10,000 size]& it handled big gts & queenies pretty good.

i just wanted to know if any raiders know anything about these reels & if so,are they any good???the guy at the tackle store didnt know much about em,said they were given them but not told much about their performance.

i wana know cos im looking to buy a new reel for plastic fishing as my 2500 sienna is on its last legs.i cant afford much as im not working atm so my budget is pretty limited,$150 absolute maximum!

any feedback will be greatly appreciated,

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

My cousin has one, can't remember the size, they are discontinued models from around 2003-4? Should be an upgrade for your Sienna and also from the Stradic (the previous generation white body Stradics that is, not sure about current Stradics)

Edited by cmhcfish

• 3 weeks later...

yea i own a navi 4000. its a japanese model reel. im very happy with it. i've caught loads of kings ranging from hoodlums to rats. to be honest i've notice the strain that the hoodlums put on it and i've upgraded so that i dont ruin my reel. apart from that great reel i must say!!! :thumbup:

......i wana know cos im looking to buy a new reel for plastic fishing as my 2500 sienna is on its last legs.i cant afford much as im not working atm so my budget is pretty limited,$150 absolute maximum!

any feedback will be greatly appreciated,

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

John I know you like to fish light to medium but you can use a Penn 750ssm on 10lb line if you wanted too and you would be able to pick one up for $150... the 750 takes plenty of line and would be still be a good size reel to use with a strong sporty light weight rod.. My favourite multi purpose combo consists of an Ugly stik Intercoastal rod that's rated at 6lb-14lb and a Penn 750ss reel..I have a spare 750 spool filled with 80lb braid and I'm just as happy to use that combo for anything that's likely to come along..You always need a good quality reel but the sporty part of fishing will always depend on the rod that you use and if it's going to be a multi purpose combo you should not be restricted by spool size..

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: