First Real Fish

crashlee

Hi Raiders

After fishing only for about 3 months flicking plastics and HB.

I have caught flatheads, whiting and hundreds of little tailors but I have never hook a rod bending drag taking fish.

Until today, I was shown a new fishing spot on the Cook's River Earlwood yesterday which we fish for 2hrs with not a lot.

So I went back today caught 2 small flathead, small bream keep on walking up the river and this hook up.

It felt heavy, rod bent well and as I got it closer to shore it took a run and the sound I have been waiting for ZZZZZZZZZZZ.

took the photo then released. Estimate 34cm

post-13436-127131868087_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Crash

Well done mate , nice fish. :thumbup:

Now over the next couple of moths you will start to see the bigger bream a lot more often , fish that will have the power to smoke you if your not on the ball . To increase your hit rate on these bream you should take note of not just where you caught them but what the tide was doing at the time also the time of day or night and water temp , was there bait around ? Is there structure which may hold the fish , rocks , mussels oysters weedbeds etc. There are many other factors but these would be the most important to start with. When you start putting all these things together you should be able to target bream a lot better and you will still get a lot of bycatch such as whiting, flatties and the odd jew if your lucky. Keep casting and remember the learning never stops ,

Good luck on your next session mate ,

Bubba