Popped The Cherry For A Young Bloke

Bentstik

Met fellow fishraider James ( FISHERMAN 1994 15 years old )several months ago when he was keen to come game fishing and learn the ropes and managed to score a trip on the 32 footer I fish on. We lined up a trip for Sat to show him the ropes and chase some Beakies and yellowfin. We went 3 2 2 on marlin :yahoo::yahoo: but I'll let James tell the rest of the story, do not want to steel his thunder. It was a great pleasure to fish with you James and there should be more young blokes with there head screwed on in the right place. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers Silvo - Bentstik

Edited by Bentstik

Met fellow fishraider James ( FISHERMAN 1994 15 years old )several months ago when he was keen to come game fishing and learn the ropes and managed to score a trip on the 32 footer I fish on. We lined up a trip for Sat to show him the ropes and chase some Beakies and yellowfin. We went 3 2 2 on marlin yahoo.gifyahoo.gif but I'll let James tell the rest of the story, do not want to steel his thunder. It was a great pleasure to fish with you James and there should be more young blokes with there head screwed on in the right place. thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Cheers Silvo - Bentstik

and you have earned a mentor badge - thanks for helping a young raider Silvo

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Thanks silvo it was an absolute pleasure fishing with you and Graham on Tanoa, I already can't wait for our next trip out!

To finish the rest of the story we hooked up onto a marlin at about 9am, Graham and Silvo called it for a stripey immediatly, of course that didn't mean much to me at the time, but after 90 minutes of grueling pain and sweating it out in the heat (i'd been lying down and was wearing trackies and a hoodie and of course had no time to strip down before hooking into the harness and gimble) I landed my first ever Marlin! Being short of crew I had to do the honours of tagging my own fish while Silvo held the leader, at the side of the boat it was measured to be just over 2.5m long, and weighed around 110kg's, apparantly this is a good size for a striper off Sydney :)

After that I was up for a sleep! so after napping for two hours myself and Silvo found ourselves bringing in an array of striped tuna. Just as we were about to head in for the day we got another hook up! This time it was Silvo on strike, and he played the striped marlin, around 70-80kgs, for about 25 minutes. I was extremely fortunate to get the tag into the fish, as I had to reach down deep to manage to pin him just above the shoulder before it was brought to the side of the boat. This was lucky because as the marlin took its next run, the leader snapped and he was off to freedom once again.

By the time we'd made it back we'd tagged two marlin, and sighted a few more. O think it's safe to say that i'm now hooked on gamefishing!

i'm still stoked to this day, and now i've got eternal bragging rights with all my mates, thanks again guys for an amazing day out. Now that you've shown me the ropes of game fishing i'll be able to be much more helpful on deck next time!

cheers James

post-10699-127176093034_thumb.jpg

Edited by fisherman1994

lucky you james caught your first marlin at the age of 15.... I am 29 and hasn't caught anything big :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Congrats on the catch mate :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

haha, make that two of us and Im 44.

Silvo when are you gonna take me out :thumbup:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...