3 Deaf Guys Keen To Learn More About Fishing!

Timmy76

Its been more than two years away from fishing with so many commitments etc tied up.

Am back and keen to learn with my two other deaf mates.

All three of us can read lips reasonbly well.

Your name: Central Coast Timmy

Your Location: Ettalong/The Entrance/Patonga ramp/Lake McQuarie

Fishing technique: As much as we can learn both bait and SP

Availability: Weekends only

Preferred location: Hawkesbury River/Patonga ramp/Ettalong/The Entrance/Lake McQuarie)

Provide your own gear? Yes

Provide your own boat? Yes (2005 Stessco 420ec 40hp)

hey timmy long time way mate good to see you back i've been learning aust lang ,we have a deaf boilermaker at work so i had to learn all the swear words :biggrin2:

i do'nt fish up your way but any advice just send me a pm

cheer gary

Hi Gary,

Great to hear from ya mate! Even fantastic to know you are learning Auslan :thumbup:

Hope your workmate is giving ya a hard time working out what he is saying :mad3:

Hope you have been well mate

hey timmy long time way mate good to see you back i've been learning aust lang ,we have a deaf boilermaker at work so i had to learn all the swear words :biggrin2:

i do'nt fish up your way but any advice just send me a pm

cheer gary

Central Coast Timmy,

I have a very good friend named Tait, he has learnt signing and is still learning as im sure its no easy task, but i reckon if you come down to sydney he will teach you and your mates to fish if you help him out with his signing?

I'll get him to join this forum and see what he reckons.

Im sure he'll appreciate me for nominating him on his behalf!!! LOL :ranting2::thumbup:

Hey Floating_Medic,

That would be fantastic and even more fun to have a fishing buddy that is learning Auslan and us learning fishing at the same time! :thumbup:

I used to teach a bit of Auslan. He will learn Auslan tenfolds by hanging around with us for a couple of hours fishing that is for sure. When you learn in a classroom and by the time you walk out ... you forget a fair bit.

The best way to learn Auslan is being around deaf people and I reckon it will be a good way for your mate to learn a lot arond us.

:biggrin2:

Will hear from your mate Tait if he is up for :1fishing1: with us.

Thanks man.

Central Coast Timmy,

I have a very good friend named Tait, he has learnt signing and is still learning as im sure its no easy task, but i reckon if you come down to sydney he will teach you and your mates to fish if you help him out with his signing?

I'll get him to join this forum and see what he reckons.

Im sure he'll appreciate me for nominating him on his behalf!!! LOL :ranting2::thumbup:

Hey Peter

Would be fantastic mate! It would be good for us to learn how to target Bream and Drummer. :biggrin2:

Thanks for offering mate! :thumbup:

I'll leave you my mobile number and when you know the weather and fishing is good, you can send a text when you are up for taking us out to show us how.

How's that?

G'day mate,

I'm no expert but I know how to catch Bream and Drummer off the rocks around Avoca and surounding burbs....

Would be happy to take your crew out if your keen.

0448 851 356.

Regards

Peter