New Mojiko Graphite Surf Rod

Csaba

I just visited a local store and after conversing with the "Fishing Guru" he lead me to some great deals....12ft Surf Combo for $39 reg $109, not bad I thought...after going through 4 sets, (all damaged) decided not going to happen. They did however have a 12ft Mojiko Surf Cannon Cast rod, all graphite, feels super light, fuji guides, etc etc for $159. After serious negotiations and "wheeling & dealing" the guy gave it to me for $75. Seemed like a good deal, I will try it out tonight on the rocks and see what happens. Will report back tomorrow.

Anybody bought one of these rods or heard of them???

Isn't Mojiko an BLAH BLAH BLAH specific rod (i.e. only sold at BLAH BLAH BLAH stores?).. IMHO i haven't used them, but i'm assumming they would be on-par with BCF's branded BOSS.

I checked out their website and don't forget that even though they have fuji guides, like anything, there are lower ends and higher ends of the scale.

but yeah, could be a top rod..

--looks like someone edited my post...

Edited by disturb3d

Not likely to be a rebranded saltiga. Saltiga have very nice blanks and rods like the 80TN are awesome....and retail in the hundreds...ie. 500 plus...you wont be getting anything like that for $75.

Oh I know, that was for amusement and high hopes.

Tried the rod out this morning from the rocks. Seemed to cast ok, its nice because it is very light, easy to handle. However, my braid did end up in a birdsnest (might be the reel) after a few casts. The field study continues.

Nearly brought one of those rods last year for $250 except I got a good price on the Penn surf rod, they look like a good bit of gear, cheap because its made in Korea I believe rather than being poor quality,Some of that brand is rubbish some is good good gear, sounds like a great buy.

Nearly brought one of those rods last year for $250 except I got a good price on the Penn surf rod, they look like a good bit of gear, cheap because its made in Korea I believe rather than being poor quality,Some of that brand is rubbish some is good good gear, sounds like a great buy.

Hi,

I actually went to the store and checked it out.

are they the ones with the clips for the reel attachment?

if it is, it does look like some of the other high priced rods, but with a cheaper price tag.

I had received a mojiko telescopic rod 10kg/10ft as a present. At first I had thought it was rubbish because I didn't like that brand that much, but after using is quiet a numerous amount of time, I found the rod was light and very very very durable.

I have caught many fish on this rod, and even though some people might have negative thoughts, the flexibility and durablity of the rod is un-questionable being a telescopic piece.

I also dont think Mojiko is actually made in korea, is it?

any ways, hope the new rod gives you plenty of action mate!!

• 3 weeks later...