I'm In The Abt Bream Kayak Grand Final With A Wild Card!

arpie

Hi guys

aaaaaaagh!!! I can't believe it!! I've just received a call from Steve Fields offering me a wild card entry into the GF again on May 15th/16th!! To say that I am absolutely GOBSMACKED is an understatement!!! I reckon all the hopes & wishes you guys put up for me after the Camden Haven Comp & missing out by 10.4g ......... came thru!!!!

I only hope I can do as well as I did yesterday!!! I would be extremely happy with that result!!! Especially as I had all 3 fish by 10.30am, evem tho I didn't upgrade again after (dropped another nice one, tho!)

Wow! Just as well we will be away for 9 days from Tues - up Byron Bay way for the last triathlon of the season!! I'd be a bit annoyed at not being able to fish until the day before the comp starts, due to the prefish ban which starts on Mon, the 3rd!!

Can you tell, I'm EXCITED!!!

Wish me luck!!! I'll need it!! I will have a game plan similar to yesterday & STICK TO IT!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Thanks guys for the kind words - i really didn't think that lightening would strike in the same place twice!! I was so lucky to get one last year,too!! I just hope I fish smarter than last year!!!

.....I only said to Stewy today that I predict you will win a tourney soon......

:Funny-Post: :Funny-Post: Thanks for the vote of confidence, Donna!! Methinks that will be a bit unlikely, but dreams are free!! :074: that would be like going from the local track to winning a gold medal at the olympics!! I'll do my best tho.

Thanks for that tip, Jorg - will check all my hooks & take a sharpener out with me to be sure, to be sure!!

...are you going to show luke all your favourite spots ....

Hi Peter - hmmm that is a dicey one, now!!! The breck channel is off limits in the morning due to the swim, ride, run & paddle Race being on over the weekend - so will have to fish 'the paddock' area instead to start off with. Max Frost reckons that with the mullet running just now (later than usual), that the bream will be holed up in the leases, under the mullet! That is danger zone for line!! We'll have a go at a few places where my fav topwater will work!! Just hope there aren't any giant herring around again tho! :mad3:

CHeerio

Roberta

I'll be away at Byron & hope to meet up with Jewhunter & Slinky for a fish, so that should keep me sane, leading up to the big event!!

Edited by Roberta

Congrats Roberta on getting your wildcard. :yahoo:

I had a gut feeling when you just missed out at Laurieton that you would get the wildcard. :biggrin2:

What would a yak ABT tournie in Forster be without you in it? :thumbdown: That's what!

All the best mate. I KNOW you will take out one of these tournies soon.

This may just be the one. Our fingers are crossed for you.

See you next week up here for a fish! :thumbup:

Well done.

Cheers,

Grant.

Hehehe sounded like you were bouncing off the walls at home when we spoke on the phone ... and why shouldn't you ? :yahoo: Fantastic news Roberta. Plenty of time to calm the nerves, sharpen hooks ... and relax. Good luck!

Cheers

Ian

Good luck Roberta

Just like another lazy day on the water

Hope the weather is great and the fish are on the chew

Will look forward to reading your post with all the action from the day.

Tip tip