My First Jewies :)

KeiraJade

Not entirely sure how to do a fishing report so here goes!

Left home (Blue mountains) around 9am for a 10:30am start. Headed in on the Hawkesbury at the mooney mooney bridge ramp after watching the races for a bit. Never seen boats go so fast!!! Weather was BEAUTIFUL! Fine, sunny, slight breeze, half a metre swell and temps around 25-27 degrees..

We headed out towards Palm Beach where you can see the open waters and set up camp. Within minutes we were getting bites from a couple of bream and whiting which was good fun.

Tried using Squidgee lures for the first time and was impressed with the result, landing a couple of bream.

Changed back to squid and got a decent bite. Before I knew it I was on and was expecting another baby bream - to my surprise it was my first Jewie!!

Was great fun and happy to beat my old man in getting our first Jewies!

2myokeu.jpg

NICE! :thumbup:

BTW- I dig ya signature- very true ('cept for the last one- its supposed to be "good things come to thse who bait...")

or was "good things come to those who wait"...

Now I'm all confused, lol

Tight lines

:)

Edited by wannabefisho

thats ok im sure you could bum a spot on a boat from a fellow raider :P theres always usually a spare spot available! i mean hell i usually only fish with 2 ppl on my boat n it can easily fish 3-4 comfortably.

Great jews btw :)

Ive still yet to hook my first jewie :D

Edited by DGF

well done keirajade, some people fish for a very long time before they achieve catching a jew! If your out there at the right time they can be as easy to locate as any other fish once you get a feel for where to look! well done!

pete.