Boat Ramp Etiquette For Beginners

TheCount

hey TC! YEAHH! remember to whack in the bungs! :wacko:

WE have all forgot! :1prop: ..ONE TIME!..

..cheers!..stevo!..

NOW you tell me????

Geez - I thought it was a right of passage to forget the little buggers. . . .

Went out from Brooklyn on Sat afternoon and did a reccy of the spots boats were hanging out so that we can look at going back in a few weeks time.

After the soccer yesterday morning I took the boat out on a solo trip from Woy Woy and had a good couple of hours just relaxing to music and trying to attract the aquatic protein without any luck. Had a few good enquiries and twice (just off Blackwall) had the drag too tight so the bait was ripped off rather than swallowed. . . Not too worry, I feel I am learning by experience and will keep it going throughout winter. . .

TC.

• 2 weeks later...

When you arrive early in the morn make sure you turn your headlights off while backing down the ramp :ranting2: , you don't need them and anyone else in the lane next to you who is also trying to reverse will be blinded .

The other thing is depending on your trailer and the depth of the ramp you may be able to drive your boat on, this can really speed things up .

Never leave your boat blocking the ramp unless there is no other choice as this can cause some major blowups and is a sign of ignorance and disrespect for other boaters .

Check your battery and electricals ,nav lights bildge pump, fuel & oil before leaving home .

Don't push in , ask if your unsure , people who push in are despised.

Happy Boating

:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Another top ramp is the one in Koolewong, its just off Brisbane Waters Drive in Koolewong.

Dual lane and 2 ramps with good parking, there is also a nice T-wharf.

Only issue is can get a bit slipper (as any ramp) during mid tide, but else its a great launching spot and close to the Oyster Racks and Paddy's Channel.

My grandfather launched there for years and years in his 14 foot tinnie and we never had any problems launching or retreiving, with the odd time I took a quick swim after slipping on the ramp (without shoes of course when I was 6yo or so).

Hope this helps

Cheers

Anthony