Bate Bay Down To Marley

mottyman

Hi Guys,

Headed out of the Hacking and down south today with my mate Geoff aboard his boat Galleon. What a great day to be out, flat sea, a slight breeze, warm temps - outstanding! :1clap:

Fished under the cliffs for a good result today. First drop of the day I got smashed comprehensively on half pillies. I was only on for a few seconds and the fish got serious and it was all over. This happened to me again later in the day.

In the end we finished with Trevally (no idea how many, we kept a few and the rest went back) and some nice flatties caught drifting out from the cliffs a little. :1clap:

Got half a dozen or so JUST (and I mean just) legal reddies but they went back to grow up a bit more.

We were also plagued by Yakka and large sweap in close and also caught one large bucket. :thumbdown:

A few boats were trolling deep divers in close and one in particular seemed to be doing very well. We watched him land 2 nice fish, one a king and one a sambo.

That was about it for today. Very enjoyable and pleasent day to be out with a few fish thrown in.

I have some photos I'll post when I get them emailed to me but don't worry too much, I'm sure you've all seen buckets and trevors before!! :risata::risata::tease:

Have a good one guys,

Cheers

David.

Guest Jocool
We were also plagued by Yakka and large sweap in close and also caught one large bucket. :thumbdown:

44269[/snapback]

You mean just a normal plastic bucket?????

Looks like everyone had a great day out on the water today! How was that weather eh'? :yahoo:

Cheers Kikila,

It was mate, we had a great day on the water.

I even did my good samaritin thing in the morning when launching and helped a guy get his big glass boat off the trailer. It was him and his two young kids and he needed the help, the kids couldn't move it even with the motor reving it's head off in reverse!

Hope he got out OK.... :wacko:

Cheers,

DAvid.

Hi Joe,

Here's that "bucket" I caught! :074::074::074::074::074:

post-237-1114473717_thumb.jpeg

Also, here's one of the Trevors we caught. We ended up with over 20 for the day but only bought a few home for dinner.

post-237-1114473773_thumb.jpeg

As well as that we got the usual amount of "acquarium species". :074:

post-237-1114473406_thumb.jpeg

Oh, and does anyone know who these guys are. They were fishing the wash, extremely close, so close it was scary, with their electric. Noticed they were burleying with bread (I think) and catching pigs by the look of it. Nerves of steel fishing in there fellas :thumbup::thumbup:

post-237-1114473474_thumb.jpeg

Cheers,

David.

G/Day Mottyman

Nice catch of fish :thumbup: The 2 Guy's fishing the wash... When i saw

the Pic I felt all funny inside. What size boat do you think that is ?

Been there , done that in my younger day's . Now i seen to be a lot

more wiser in my OLDER Years :wacko:

Cheers Tom

G/Day Mottyman

The 2 Guy's fishing the wash... When i saw

the Pic I felt all funny inside. What size boat do you think that is ?

Been there , done that in my younger day's . Now i seen to be a lot

more wiser in my OLDER Years :wacko:

Cheers    Tom

44530[/snapback]

G'day Tom,

Mate, you should have seen how close they actually were, I was scared just watching them.... :1yikes::1yikes:

I'm not sure what size of the boat was but I'm guessing around the 15 foot mark. Someone on here will be able to figure it out I'm sure :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Guest Jocool
Hi Joe,

Here's that "bucket" I caught! :074:  :074:  :074:  :074:  :074:

post-237-1114473717_thumb.jpeg

44508[/snapback]

:risata: The FLOWER POT!!!!! :yahoo:

The boat looks familiar...but I just can't place it! I like fishing in close...But not that close!

:risata: The FLOWER POT!!!!! :yahoo:

The boat looks familiar...but I just can't place it! I like fishing in close...But not that close!

44554[/snapback]

Hi Joe,

:074::074::074:

I wonder how many other silly names the poor old rock cod has? :risata::tease:

Bucket, Flower Pot, Poor Man's Lobster.... I'm sure there's more! :tease:

Cheers,

David.