Beautiful Day Out

Captain Pugwash

We missed last weekend's fishing due to a weekend on the Gold Coast so were keen as mustard to get out there today.

Off to Balmoral for what was an annoyingly long wait to stir up some yakkas. :ranting2: Eventually did so and off to the wreck to anchor up and start the berley. Set the liveys out and then proceeded to flick a prwan around.

We then got surrounded by horse sized yakkas and slimeys. Couldn't seem to get a bait down past them to see what else was there.

The day then proceeded a little strangely. Hooking dozens of big yakkas interspersed with the odd bit of other action. A couple of livey's bitten clean in half, a nice big tailor on a strip of slimey, some undersize reds, half a dozen nice trevally, a monster squid and then EVENTUALLY ............................Pay Dirt!

A bottom dwelling livey starts screaming and yes we are ON! I'm always nervous as hell when I hook a Kingy on the bottom cause I know I'm against it straight up. I haven't tried JoCool's trick yet of backing off so it's just clench the teeth and hang on! :(

After a number of spirited runs I eventually landed a lovely 65cm model which rounded the day out beautifully and made me think " I might do this again this long weekend " :074::074::074:

Tight lines fellas

Pete

Guest Jocool
" I might do this again this long weekend "  :074:  :074:  :074:

Tight lines fellas

Pete

44289[/snapback]

I'll keep an eye out for you Pete. I'm going out again Monday morning. :thumbup: