First Time Yak Fishing

tangled1

Going to "borrow" my dads ocean kayak this weekend to do a little fishing, its not jazzed up for fishing (and does it need to be?) I was wondering if anyone had any tips ,and know of any safe spots to have a flick around Sydney anywhere so i can get the hang of it without alot of traffic?

Cheers tangled1

:biggrin2:

Hey,

I am going out to Botany Bay tomorrow staying close to the airport area if you want to come. Probably around 8-9ish. It has some traffic but mostly safe. Otherwise, as mentioned above, woollooware bay is a great spot to start out.

Edited by Big_Muskellunge

I agree with Grays Point. A great place to go.

I fish there a lot on my Kayak.

Last time caught a great variety of fish such as Flathead, Flounder, Bream, Blue swimmer crab, and whiting.

Thanks for the invite Big M but work calls tomorrow :ranting2:

Thankyou all for your suggestions, another question where do i put the rod as this kayak is stock standard, and is this kayak fine for fishing out of ? It's a ocean kayak scrambler. Sorry for being a pain.

Regards tangled1

:thumbup:

post-14347-127677759409_thumb.jpg

For your first time just go minimalist, take just what you need some SP's a few jigheads.

And just lay the rod between your legs, if you go to Grays point you don't have to paddle very far before you can start flicking.

If you get the bug, and you will, you can start pimping that Kayak to your hearts content.

Enjoy

Crash

For your first time just go minimalist, take just what you need some SP's a few jigheads.

And just lay the rod between your legs, if you go to Grays point you don't have to paddle very far before you can start flicking.

If you get the bug, and you will, you can start pimping that Kayak to your hearts content.

Enjoy

Crash

I know its not the best but ive added to it already ( i know its basic but its a start). Should work fine i hope! Come on saturday arvo!!

Cheers tangled1

:yahoo:

post-14347-12768476449_thumb.jpg