Sydney Harbour.

Guest Jocool

Guest Jocool

Did my usual trick of hitting the Harbour this morning at 5 AM. Had DaveL and Gabzi aboard for the day! :biggrin2: Looks like I'm the Fishraider taxi lately! :074::074:

Went over to Balmoral and loaded up on livies. All we managed in squid was 1 in the boat...and one JUST outside the boat! :1yikes: Had a few yakkas, so set of in search of Kingies.

Tried my usual haunt of Quarantine Head, did a couple of drifts for nil results. Livies were getting attacked by large squid, and we couldnt boat them either! Everyone seemed to be doing tough. No fish came out of the water for the couple of hours we drifted around North Head.

Moved to South head for a very similar result. Bumped into MickC...G'Day Mick....and then Sow and Pigs, Eastern Wedding Cake...and finally the Tripod marker. Got a couple of hits on bream at Tripod, but that was it!

Pulled up stumps, and headed for the ramp at about Noon, where we waited nearly 40 minutes to retieve the boat! Geez it was a busy ramp this arvo!

Thanks for the company Dave and Gabzi! :thumbup::thumbup: Sorry we couldn't find 'em!

Guest Jocool
1 successful day out of 2 is still good going :)

44412[/snapback]

Success is measured by the amount of enjoyment derived from the day! Today was a success! :1clap::1clap::thumbup:

Guest Jocool
BTW, I now have a rump so tender the dog is drooling when she looks at me!!!

44428[/snapback]

That will learn ya! :074::074:

Sorry mate!

At least you guys had a good day out on the harbour, I would have imagined the ramps were crazily busy today. I know how your rump is Dave, mine was the same after a choppy ride with Joe once. BTW Joe, I am now the very happy owner of a Stessl Edgetracker put the deposit on it today and pick it up later this week, thanks to Bluecod for the valuable support and advice, will post a pic of it later. If your'e going to the Social next week, I'll be bringing it along. :thumbup:

Guest Jocool
BTW Joe, I am now the very happy owner of a Stessl Edgetracker put the deposit on it today and pick it up later this week, thanks to Bluecod for the valuable support and advice, will post a pic of it later. 

44435[/snapback]

Thats great news Ken! Hope it serves you well! :thumbup: Ready to start customising? :1naughty:

You have made a great choice with the ET. :thumbup:

How's it going everyone,

I hit the harbour too this morning, caught some yakkas in rose bay.

head out to wedding cakes. not a bite not a hit nothing at all :thumbdown:

then we head out north head.. same thing again... :thumbdown::thumbdown:

on the way back... between the heads we saw a boiling surface :1yikes: hmmm something fishy there...

we tired metal lures on them... they won't hit it, after 10 casts or so i switched to my bass minnows which until today have not caught any fish yet.

first cast out.... the line went tight and i was hooked hehhe pulled my drag a little bit... it was a good size slimy mackerel. we went to chase them a for a while around 20 minutes or so..caught ard 15 slimies and a few big size yakkas, biggest was 34cm yakka :1yikes: biggest one i've seen so far.

after a while they went deep and we head towards wedding cakes again, still nothing with the livebaits we decided to call it a day.

while i was going to tow the boat it... something disastrous happened !! my freakin crank dissapeared :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2: , tried everything we could to bring the boat up, got pissed off with the people queueing to use the boat ramp from the stupid f**in comments they made. luckily i found a spanner with the right size in my trunk.... pheewwww glad to bring the boat up.

that's all folks my first report on fishraider .... :1clap:

cheers,

MB

Hey Mate

I saw i cleaning your catch at rose bay boat ramp, well i think it was you, because there was a man cleaning about 10-15 big yakkas and slimeys while we were waiting for Jocool with the trailer.

cheers

gabzi

( what time were u there)

44689[/snapback]

yup i tink that was me too :biggrin2: hehe.

I never knew yakkas and slimies are actually quite nice to eat until recently. :thumbup:

cheers