Botany Bay 25/04/05

kikila

Got a call from my mate Garry last night asking if I would like to go for a fish today, I hadn’t been for a fish for a month due to ill health and was hanging to go for a fish so I jumped at the chance :1clap: I met up with Garry at the St George Anglers Club boat ramp at 6.30 am, the game plan for the day just to target flathead with SP’s. First shot was at Bonna point where we tried a heap of lures and drifts for only one hit we then tried a drift wide of silvers beach after several drifts Garry nails a beaut flatty of 70cm :biggrin2: and me? Well a little snapper and a small lizard :lol: . We drifted up and down silvers for another hour for zip, we then tried over near the Captain Cook Bridge working the edge of the channels but the boat traffic was horrendous so we gave there a miss. Next was Garry secret spot, that will remain nameless where Garry got two more flatties one of 40cm the other was 51cm plus several hits and all I got sunburn :biggrin2: . We pulled the pin at 1pm while it was not a particularly productive day the weather was great as was the company.

Thanks Garry :thumbup:

post-227-1114416697_thumb.jpg

post-227-1114416744_thumb.jpg

Hi Kikila,

I was wondering where you got too. Hope the health thing wasn't too bad and glad to see you back on the water. :1clap:

Couple of nice lizards there. :1clap:

I didn't think I'd ever see a report where the only thing you got was sunburn... must have been a very very tough day mate. :badair:

Cheers,