Bream And Blades Go Hand In Hand

Took my good mate Dean out for his first hit at the bream on blades and it didnt take long for him to get his PB of 38cms thumbup.gif .

Dean and I have been long time friends since school and it was great to have him aboard the polycraft today.

We were using light 1 to 3kg sticks loaded with 4 lb braid and 6lb nitlon leaders and the new ghost blades from TT lures in the 1/12th oz.

We scored some great fish today with a couple of nice bream over the 40cm mark and a heap of flatties and smallish whiting.

It was bloody cold today but well worth the effort.

We did meet up with HookmeUp in their boat Obssession,nice to meet you fellas.I hope you did well today.

Thanks for a top day out Deano and your coffee was awesome.

One small mishap was me holding a big bream for a piccy before release when she decided to slice my thumb open with her gill plates (OUCH) bled for ages ranting2.gif

post-256-127780547765_thumb.jpg

post-256-127780548735_thumb.jpg

post-256-127780549425_thumb.jpg

post-256-127780550111_thumb.jpg

post-256-127780550888_thumb.jpg

post-256-127780551703_thumb.jpg

post-256-127780552403_thumb.jpg

post-256-127780553226_thumb.jpg

post-256-127780553981_thumb.jpg

post-256-127780684649_thumb.jpg

post-256-127780685551_thumb.jpg

post-256-127780686508_thumb.jpg

post-256-127780687463_thumb.jpg

Cheers Swordfisherman

Great Work Swordy.

Im on holidays now for another 2 weeks.

Give us a buzz when your free to teach me breaming/jewies! thumbup.gif

Regards,

Mike

Will do Mikey.

Next week looks like a good opportunity biggrin2.gif

Cheers Stewy

Great condition on those Winter Breambos boys. Looks like a top day even if it was freezing cold. :thumbup:

How do you rate those ghost blades against their full metal blades, Swordy? As always I was wondering whether I 'had to' have some in my tackle box... in the back of my mind was that they looked great for when the fish were a bit shy and something a bit more subtle was on the cards??

Cheers, Slinky

Great condition on those Winter Breambos boys. Looks like a top day even if it was freezing cold. thumbup.gif

How do you rate those ghost blades against their full metal blades, Swordy? As always I was wondering whether I 'had to' have some in my tackle box... in the back of my mind was that they looked great for when the fish were a bit shy and something a bit more subtle was on the cards??

Cheers, Slinky

Hi Tony,

The Ghost Blades are lighter and sink slower ,especially in shallow water and get hit on the drop yahoo.gif I will be using them a lot more me thinks.

The 1/8th metals still scored plenty as well and as yet I havent had enough time to see which ones work more effectively.

I love the TT blades in either config biggrin2.gif

Cheers Stewy

Well done there Stewy.

Some great bream there.

Looks as though it was cold :frozen:

I am heading out with Johnv soon and I am not looking forward to the cold.

I should be alright behind the console but poor Johnny is going to freeze :biggrin2:

great job on the fish mate - I can imagine how the thumb hurt in the cold. At least you get a feel for how I fish all the time :074:

I would love to arrange a day off work so I can con you into taking me out for a morning/day & show me how to use HB effectively. :1worthy:

Well done fellas, got a surprise when we ran into you guys, first raiders we have ever run into,it was easy to recognise your boat from all the posts you put in,(the raider sticker was also a bit of a give away) , would have come over & shook your hands but didn't want to get to close & scare your fish off.We were a bit late but still managed 3 decent bream biggest going 40cm.chicken & parmesan was our pick with bread burley,tried out around clarke reef for do-nut, not even a bite, your not kidding that wind was cold.

cheers

Well done fellas, got a surprise when we ran into you guys, first raiders we have ever run into,it was easy to recognise your boat from all the posts you put in,(the raider sticker was also a bit of a give away) , would have come over & shook your hands but didn't want to get to close & scare your fish off.We were a bit late but still managed 3 decent bream biggest going 40cm.chicken & parmesan was our pick with bread burley,tried out around clarke reef for do-nut, not even a bite, your not kidding that wind was cold.

cheers

Nice result fellas and next time come over and say hi biggrin2.gif

Cheers Stewy

Great work guys! Im goin to have to hit the harbour friday me thinks lol

I bought some of the nitlon leader to try out, seems a little thicker than fc rock but the abrasion resistance seems way better :biggrin2:

So im glad it works and cant wait to try it out!

Cheers

Pete

AWESOME report fellas.... Too bad with the finger, BUT im sure it will heal up.....

Good to see the blades are proving to work for some, as im finding it a bit difficult to land as many fish, and big fish, with the blades compared to plastics...

I guess persistancy is the key....

well done fellas,some nice fish landed on blades.question stewy,when using the blades,do you get much snags & lost lures fishing with them mate?iv got a couple TT's but havnt used em much in fear of snagging & loosing the lure,therefore i mostly stick with plastics.id really like to try the bigger blades for local jewfish.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

Good effort on the bream Stewy :thumbup: to save all the searching and reading different opinions on the best performers, I reckon it would be a good idea if you did an article recommending your five best performing lures for each one of the species from freshwater spinner baits to saltwater swim or jig type lures for fishing deep water in places such as in the Hawkesbury when need be, and keep updating and adding to your own preferences as technology warrants.. you've got me and my friends more interested in working all types of lures on the other side of the boat during our jewfish sessions and in saying that it would be good to be able to go out and buy proven performers and keep in step with technology by referring back to the article for updates from time to time..

Cheers mate

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer