The Magical Georges River

I had the pleasure of having Mikey(Browney1) on board today and Paul and Mitch (Rzeps) in close proximity.

We all met ate the river road where the social was held at 6.30am and the weather wasnt too bad at all with a lot of fog and mist but no rain to speak of.

Plan was to get Paul onto a few spots for future reference and try and get everyone a Jewie or Ep or whatever would wack our offerings.

Paul was first to hit pay dirt with his very first Jewie on plastics,well done mate and mitch did a top job of netting it for dad yahoo.gif

Next was Mikey and I thought you beauty he has his first jewie as well sad.gif it turned out to be of all things,a big salmon.Go figure that one out wacko.gif

We drifted and leccied along a few banks and were rewarded with Eps for everyone and new PBs and some nice flathead,whiting blackfish and bream.

Great day out fellas and Mikey you are a pleasure to fish with and will always be welcome anytime.

Paul on the other hand and his boy Mitch who both sledged me and Mikey all day 074.gif WELLL ******

Next time Paul you bring more cups you tight ass and we can share your coffee and Mitch I hope you get fat eating all those biscuits 074.gif

post-256-127839754005_thumb.jpg

post-256-127839754732_thumb.jpg

post-256-127839755488_thumb.jpg

post-256-127839756211_thumb.jpg

post-256-127839756959_thumb.jpg

post-256-127839757851_thumb.jpg

post-256-127839758542_thumb.jpg

post-256-127839759435_thumb.jpg

post-256-127839760256_thumb.jpg

post-256-127839760992_thumb.jpg

post-256-127839761982_thumb.jpg

post-256-127839762681_thumb.jpg

post-256-12783976349_thumb.jpg

post-256-127839764288_thumb.jpg

post-256-127839765156_thumb.jpg

Cheers Swordy

Guest rzep

What can I say that hasn't been said.

This was the first time that I have fished the Georges and it didn't disappoint :D

Mikey it was great to meet you and I am sure that it won't be long until we are out there doing it again :D

That was a cracker of a Salmon that you got there, well done mate.

Stewy thanks for showing me the river it is a great spot and don't you love fishing mid-week :yahoo:

Not another boat on the river for most of the day :)

It does not get any better then that.

I forgot too mention how good Mitch was on the water......awesome yahoo.gif

Pauls young bloke is definately a fisho of the future and has a real passion for fishing and enjoying himself.

Cheers Stewy

What a great mixed bag from the Georges in winter! :yahoo:

Congrats on the jew Paul. What a great result.

Mikey that is a thumper salmon that must have ripped some string.

Stewy, you still blow! :tease: Nice to see you guiding instead of catching for once! :biggrin2:

Mitch, well done young fella. You must have had a top day. So good to hear you sledging the other clowns! :074:

All in all a great day on the water for the Raider crowd.

Well done fellas! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

quick question are EP'S good eating ?

cheers hamerz.

You can eat them but being a little native aussie battler, most fisho's choose to let them go...plus there is a ban on taking them from the river (the same rules apply for Bass, unless caught in an impoundment) which started 1st June and goes until 1st Sept so they are strictly catch and release, but are a heap of fun....there is further info on this forum re Bass and Ep season closures....

Awesome day out team.....top mixed bag and stonker of a Aussie Sambo!!!

good stuff fella's nice to see some decent fish to come out of the river.

quick question are EP'S good eating ?

cheers hamerz.

All fish were released today including Pauls jewie and on my boat its always no take ever of Eps as they are too much fun to catch once IMHO.

Cheers Stewy

"It's a hard life". Are you serious? A hard life is getting a phone call at work, from someone skiting about a boatload of fish in a plethora of species! :tease: You'll bloody keep :biggrin2:

Sounds like Brownie had a great day on the estuary. Great to see Team RZep getting stuck into 'em as well. Congrats to all concerned. Another great report with some top photos. Keep 'em coming folks!

Cheers

Hodgey

Great post fellas and it is pleasing to see the Georges firing at the moment. I am on holidays this week and hope to finish all my chores around the house so that Bassboy and I can also do some mid-week fishing in the Georges chasing Jewies and EPs :biggrin2: .

You can eat them but being a little native aussie battler, most fisho's choose to let them go...plus there is a ban on taking them from the river (the same rules apply for Bass, unless caught in an impoundment) which started 1st June and goes until 1st Sept so they are strictly catch and release, but are a heap of fun....there is further info on this forum re Bass and Ep season closures....

Awesome day out team.....top mixed bag and stonker of a Aussie Sambo!!!

ahh righto didnt know that, thanks for the info. cheers.

havnt caught any before hopefully i can get into a few over the next few weeks and release them ofcourse. :thumbup:

All fish were released today including Pauls jewie and on my boat its always no take ever of Eps as they are too much fun to catch once IMHO.

Cheers Stewy

thanks stewey,

mate would you mind giving me some insight on how i would go about targeting ep's. i'll be in a boat.

like depth,tides what lure and anything else that might help my chances.

Edited by hamerz84

Hey Stewey,

Fantastic to see the winter jews are on and even better that its on placcies!

Good work showing the newbies around.

That EP was a beauty... looked much better than all the ones I saw in last year's posts.

Cheers

Chris

:thumbup: Top Stuff Guys,

Sure beats being at work!!!! great catches also.

Must score some time off work so I can get out there and have a little fun!!

Great to see so many Raiders fishing together these days soon we will all know eacother on the water if not allready,

:thumbup::biggrin2:

Regards,

Nathan

Well done fellasthumbup.gif

Sounds like you had a great session.

Top pics Stewey and that's a cracker Sambo Mikey.

Stewey your a Georges River God and a fish whisperer.

Let me know when the next Jewie/Ep class is on as I'd love to tag along1fishing1.gif

beersmile.gifBrad

Good onya Stewy, another first for Mike, glad you guys scored a variety of fish too as well as having a fun time on the water with other Raiders..

Congrats to you Stewy on showing Browney the way.. :thumbup: