Fun Arvo

Coast_Bloke

Went down to my fav jetty at South Kincumber again this arvo, and had a good fun arvo.

Started off slow retrieving some sp's and got nailed by tailor about 6 times.. (damn choppers) so switched to bait to save my sp wallet, and pulled in about 6 tailor most over the 25cm mark.

Some old bloke rocks up and is giving me a history lesson on the area, not a bad bloke with heaps of local knowledge.

Then I pull in a few just legal bream, but I want a biggen.. so keep baiting up.. then this bloke and his kid come over and start fishen. Nice bloke, had a beer with him, while his kid fished.

Next minute the young bloke drops his rod :thumbdown: so I offer a hand line to try and retrive it.. took awhile but the bloke got it back.. much to dad's relief :1prop:

Then the young bloke pulls in a nice fish, I grab my net (they didn't have one) and pull his 30cm leather jacket out for him.. he takes a few photos, and offers me the fish... why not, I aint got a feed yet. :wacko:

Well my next cast hits the water.. and BAM.. something nearly rips the reel from its seat.. I tighten my drag a touch, and start to work it in,.. its big and takes ages to get it even close, it keeps punching off deep and away. I finally get it within about 3-4 metres of the jetty, and the other bloke has dropped his rod and is jumping up and down with my net, telling his kid that this a gunna be a huge fish. I work it in a bit closer, and give a decent yank to sop it bolting under the jetty and cutting me.

Well just as I was pulling it towards me BAM.. it jumps ship... :thumbdown: I AM SPEWIN!!! the bloke is also spewin he wanted to see this great fish.. what a fight from a jetty. Never have I had one like it. Unfortunalty I dunno what it was as it never surfaced, but DAMN it fought hard. Bloke was eggin me to catch it again.. :1prop: I wish. Can only think either HUGE bream, and bigger than soapy Jew.

In the end I came home with the leather, and should make a decent feed tomorrow. Will hit it again tomorrow, to bag some bream hopefully to make a family feed.

Cheers,

Coasty

Guest bluecod

Bad luck on missing the big one - a lot of my fish are like that too :074:

Sounds like you had a good afternoon anyway - sure beats either working or trying to sort out problems with the son's car :thumbdown:

Guest Jocool
sure beats either working or trying to sort out problems with the son's car  :thumbdown:

44919[/snapback]

Would have thought you would have built an entire car by now! :1yikes: Its been a few months in the fixing hasn't it????

Guest bluecod
Would have thought you would have built an entire car by now! :1yikes: Its been a few months in the fixing hasn't it????

44925[/snapback]

:074::074::05: the dramas keep unfolding Joe - Ist it was #1 son's car -cooked motor = engine rebuild - get that back on the road about 2 weeks and some bloke slams into it and writes it off. Then #2 son's car drops a timing belt = top end rebuild - Now #1 son's replacement car has got an intermittent fuel problem that I think is in the sensors [but which friggin one?] should have it sorted on Saturday when replacement parts arrive.

I'm starting to go :tease::tease::tease:

Is that the jetty near the cemetery, or the on on the other bank, they face a narrow channel with some deep enough water? I don't mind that spot. The only thing that gets me about jetties are the bloody lights which come on at night, just when you can get some nice fish.

bummer about the biggun, sucks when you cant even get a look at it to see what you're onto.