Jewie And Monster Yellowtail Pike

finallyOnline

Havent posted for a while but caught these a few weeks back,yellowtail pike was 78cm's from tip to tail(should be a record i think) and jewie was a healthy 69cm's and thick as...

LCR is producing good fish with big tailor around caught a couple last week but took no pics...brave the cold and reap the rewards rug up and get out there.....

post-10921-127868217177_thumb.jpg

post-10921-127868258434_thumb.jpg

LCR is where I most often go kayaking - usually at the bottom end near fig tree.

May I ask how far up you went to catch those?

Planning to go there again on Sunday; would LOVE to hook into either of those critters :)

cheers, and well done

LCR is where I most often go kayaking - usually at the bottom end near fig tree.

May I ask how far up you went to catch those?

Planning to go there again on Sunday; would LOVE to hook into either of those critters :)

cheers, and well done

hi there ganymede the fish were caught at huntleys point wharf.A bit of extra info for you also to increase your chances the fish were caught on the turn of the tide,the jewie was caught on a live yellow tail and the pike on a full prawn,hope this helps you buddy.good luck

Great fishing. :thumbup:

The monster Yellowfin Pike is actually a Snook (a.k.a Short-Finned Sea Pike). More fun, bigger... and a whole lot tastier :biggrin2:

Cheers, Slinky

thanks for clearing that up slinky and ur right about being more fun the thing had a whole lot of heart and fought pretty hard for its size on light bream gear,i'd like to post this to the baitfishing records but am having trouble doing so maybe u can help.

regards

FinallyOnline

Great fishing. :thumbup:

The monster Yellowfin Pike is actually a Snook (a.k.a Short-Finned Sea Pike). More fun, bigger... and a whole lot tastier :biggrin2:

Cheers, Slinky

forget the last post about posting it into the records just checked and the snook record is 83cm's just short(should have had a bigger snout,better luck next time)lol.

Hi, where in lane cove did you fish? as i always go fishing in lane cove but always come home empty handed and what tide is it good to fish at lane cove? thanks

hi there addictive fisher,

Fish were caught at huntleys point wharf in gladesville just before high tide at night,full prawn for the snook and live yellow tail for the jewie,hope this helps.

regards

finallyOnline

Its definitely a snook and a nice one at that!

They are great eating as long as you skin them, and taste nothing like pike.

If you skin them the flesh cooks up very white and very fine taste.

Leave the skin on and they taste very very meaty and fishy, so most people who say they

dont like snook have eaten the fillets with the skin on.

They also taste nice coated in Tandaco Southern Fried Chicken seasoning - makes them taste like KFC Fish

I've caught them over 4 feet long in SA, best in Sydney has been only 35cm...

Looks like i might need to try the paravane in the harbour again... last time i got a very confused 75cm Kingy

everytime it tried to go to the bottom, the paravane popped it back up the the surface and we just dragged it into the boat

Snook usually are in bigs schools, so hopefully yours wasn't lost loner.

Jason

• 4 months later...