Winney Bay

Hooch

Spent a couple of days down there a week or so ago with the pig gear. Highlights were a bream going 38cm and a pig nearing 3kilos, all taken on bread. Also had a pretty woeful shot at spinning metal lures, not entirely convinced I'm geared up properly for that using a 7000XT freeliner, but I took a first time shot and got hammered once and saw a follow close in. oh yeah and a nice 700gm southern hopped on and i skillfully span up a gurnard.

Also got a nice 37cm bream at birdie beach a few days ago along with the usual nice sized whiting, the bite has been on since suns gone down over this full moon. Hooked onto some big lazy unknown something at the local rocks that busted me off, and after a sizeable wave that stuck out of the set like dogs balls knocked me about, I decided I didn't like the low ledge and went home.

All in all some good fishing.

Solid bream and a nice pig chris. Ill have to show u the local luderick population thats down there its awesome. I might go for a quick spin down there tomoz coz of no football. Ill take u further round try a l.b.g session. Cheers Tyrone

hey mate got back from there this arvo, some big predators had herded up a huge school of salmon into the outlet bay, amazing sight, i mean the water was chocka block with them for about 30 square metres right up to the shallows, every so often you'd see a big tail break the surface further out. i had some slices on me and they were so thick i could foul hook em, one put up a hell of a fight like that. even broke out the softies when i lost the slice and they took em, all on pig gear.

lbg fishos would be going weak at the knees, cant imagine that sort of feeding frenzy going on every day. could've done with a live bait stick and ballon myself. dunno what sort of fish co-operates to bail them up like that.