What Happened The The Bonito Recipe Using Oporto Style Sauce Please Re Post

hooklineandsinker

someone posted a great recipe for bonito that had a oporto style sauce i think it may have got lost when the site was updated

it had many posts too

and tasted great i've tried the search forum in the kitchen thread but its seems like it just gone

it even had pics for the whole cooking process can the author please re post

cheers mick

Mmmmm. I don't know how that one was lost. :wacko:

Luckily I saved it. Some of the members also tried it with chicken & raved about it.

Here it is.

I can't remember who posted it but thanks!!

PORTUGESE STYLE FISH (OR CHICKEN)

Marinade/sauce;

2 Red Capsicums

4 Cloves of Garlic

2 Lemons

Bunch of mint

Chilli to taste

Olive Oil

Salt/pepper

1. Roast the Capsicums over a flame, until the skin burns to a crisp. Let cool then remove the charred skin to reveal lovely roast Capsicum flesh.

2. Zest both lemons, then chop up the zest, roughly.

3. Peel and chop garlic.

4. Chop chilli to taste.

5. Tear mint from bunch.

6. Combine all above ingredients into a food processor/bamix. If you want to go old school, a large pestle and mortar. But that sounds like a lot of work.

Give it a quick wizz, slowly adding the olive oil. Just like making a pesto really. Also squeeze the juice from one lemon into the mix. (Be sure no seeds go in). Taste it and see, add more of anything as you wish.

7. Pour 1/2 to 3/4 of mix over fish fillets and set aside for 30-90mins. Leave it too much longer and the lemon will start cooking the fish.

This is exact recipe I use to do Portugese Chicken, and cook on the weber for the juiciest tenderest chicken you'll EVER eat. So if the kids won't eat fish, just butterfly a whole chook and cook it for about 35mins in the weber

Cheers,

Grant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yum ,

Thanks guys that does sound very tasty , I dont know about the bonito ( I wish that they did taste good as there are so many of them around ) But I will be trying that with chicken and other fish for sure !

Cheers