Hawkesbury

Lizard 1

Gday fella's

Well just returned from a week away in the hawkesbury on the shoreline of little wobby.

And once again it didnt disapoint the luxury of this place is unbelieveable catching fish is just a bonus! But after reading the tides the chart suggested that high tides would be running every night for the week. this could mean only one thing JEWIES! Little wobby is one of the hot spots for jews and I was licking my lips to try and hook into one of these awesome fish.

1st night: The ilustrious Robbo (Trouble) who joined me for a couple of days Had a decent run on his rod but was to slow to react as the rod was on the other jetty! that was all the action we had on the night and we were a bit disapointed but had high spirits for the next night!

2nd night: I hooked up just as the sun went down I played and fought it for a good 10 mins b4 it was caught on the ppl next doors line the amount of time it took to untangle it was the amount of time I needed to finish this fish off! as it got untangled I started bringin him in it took one last dart and then DINK! snaped off I was furious :ranting2::ranting2::wife:

3rd night: We went out onto a mooring just about 70-100mtrs from the house with good expectations but came back with a big fat nothing not even a touch! A lady down from us got a very good sized flathead and man didnt she tell the whole the shoreline she is a very loud but im sure lovely person (riders knows wat im talkin about!)

4th night: This night I was by myself as robbo had other commitments at home and it was the most productive night we had so far I didnt manage to bag one but I had 4-5 runs all resulting to that bloody sound of DINK! AGAIN! and AGAIN! and AGAIN! As you can probably tell I was quite pissed off!

5th and final night: This jewie fishing was becoming a joke! The guy rocks up for less than 2 hours next door and picks up a nice school jew :ranting2::ranting2: I thought to myself Im never gunna crack one! It was absolutely dead on my jetty all the action was on next doors jetty and while I was considering giving up at around 11:30-midnight U guessed it bang goes my rod I just looked at it stunned! and thought s*%t thats my rod I sprung to my surprise and fought it all the way to the jetty at first sight I thought it was a eel then I got a closer look and it was a nice school jew! It only went about 3kg and was 60-61cm long but I was stoked! All my effort I had put in had finally paid off! :thumbup:

lesson learnt: Jewies take time and a s*%tload of effort, patience is the key!

well thats the week that was sorry for going on for so long!

PS I did get a photo of the jew but my mate has it on his camera which I will probably never see but I will try and post it up soon!

cheers shannon.......

Thanx guys!

Darryl: I was using 3 rods one had 15lb, 30lb and the other was braid. No surprises which one was dropping most of the fish! I just had no other replacement line but will have the right gear next time!

Pedro and Jimbo: I was using a mixture of live bait i.e tailor, mullet, silver biddies, yellowtail even a little red bream was thrown out in desperation! Also fresh squid (which wasn't live) and me and robbo tried butterflying some of the yakka's that died in the live bait tank! (each bait got a hit but i caught my jewie on live tailor.)

Riders: well done to rhonda! That woulda been a good reward for wat would of been a stressfull time 4 her! good on her for gettin back into it! :thumbup: by the way I've asked u this b4 but i've obviously forgot! what was the name of the place you stayed at?

thanx again guys

shannon......

Guest hottuna

tha guy next door sounds like my mate ross. His had that place in the family since he was knee high. Knows the place like the back of his hand, he`s now put a livie tank under his pontoon.He`ll tell you your about to get a jew just by looking at the water height on his special rock. Biggest from his wharf is 38kg, jew 7kg flattie

Dan

Gday dan

Mate You are absolutely right except his dad sam and sam's mate john wre up there at the time his dad sam is an absolute top bloke one of the nicest guys I've ever met! As for that live bait tank they have on the floating pontoon that just adds to the fishing luxury it already is both sam and ross have thought of everything up there!

btw correct me if im wrong but that 38kg jew was caught off our jetty and only 10 mins to bring in coz the fish took the bait so far down it choked itself do u know if that is true?

have you stayed there?

shannon

Guest hottuna

Gday dan

Mate You are absolutely right except his dad sam and sam's mate john wre up there at the time his dad sam is an absolute top bloke one of the nicest guys I've ever met! As for that live bait tank they have on the floating pontoon that just adds to the fishing luxury it already is both sam and ross have thought of everything up there!

btw correct me if im wrong but that 38kg jew was caught off our jetty and only 10 mins to bring in coz the fish took the bait so far down it choked itself do u know if that is true?

have you stayed there?

shannon

45498[/snapback]

Thats right, when ross gets up there he spreads his rods all over the wharfs around the place.

I have stayed there afew times. Its soo good. You can watch your rods while doing anything in the house. Good people. aND ITS WAS only on 6kg string

dan