Brisbane Waters!

Guest Jocool

Haha ok here it goes joe. Got up early to put the boat in and after 15mins wouldnt start. Im thinking damn whats wrong and went home. So no fishing on the way home get a puncture on one day. Great day what else can go wrong. Got home and dad had a quick look at motor but couldnt c anything but still wouldnt start. So i went back to woy woy at 1 to find out no bbq areas at lions park no matter how big it is. Oh well was good to meet some raiders. They told me to chech the kill switch when i got home. So soon as i got home had a look and guess what the red cord thing and the bit that goes over the kill switch was missing. So i got the spare and guess what first pull it runs perfect. I found out my sister had taken the cord as a toy and forgotten to put it back. Oh well u get that was good to meet some raiders again :thumbup:

Well Grant M and myself headed out this morning in Grant`s new boat. 5am we meet at the boat ramp at Woy Woy. First stop was the Rip bridge. We anchored up on the Woy Woy side and proceeded to cast out some whole squid on the large rods.

While the larger rods where out I started on the soft plastics and Grant started with some bait. From the moment the bait hit the water the peckers where out, destroying our squid within minutes. But I managed to hook a large eel. The amount sea weed flowing through was unbelievable , we where having trouble with the lines attracting weed so we decided to move about 30 meters away in shallower water. Out go the large rods with whole squid again, on the bream rods grant with bait and myself with soft plastics. Here come the peckers again but this time we had some decent bites but no solid hook ups. Then I got smashed on the soft plastic :thumbup: (Berkley 3 inch watermelon). Up comes a just legal bream, which was thrown back. Another hour of peckers destroying our squid so we moved again another 50 meters away just on the drop off. Peckers again but I got a hit on the soft plastic, it stoped dead. Felt like snag but was slowly coming up, got it to the surface was an octopus with the head the size of a rockmellon :1yikes: , I thought I was lucky to get it up with light bream gear. Then Grant gets smashed on some tuna, it was taking a bit of line so i grabbed the net and up comes a nice 33cm bream :1clap::1clap: .

After another hour of loosing squid we moved again. We hit paddies channel drifting and spinning for some flatties with some sp`s. Grant gets a hit on Garry Gliter squidgy fish. Sweet we wanted a couple of keeper flatties, we get it to the surface and what is this ? :1yikes: a Flounder ? :1yikes: on a soft plastic ? :1yikes: .

We drift some more then anchor with no luck.

All in all was not a good day fishing :( . We get back to the ramp had a couple of beers :beersmile: a bit of a chat with fellow Raiders :1clap: , bit of a feed and headed home.

Anyway Grant has some photos of his fish he may post.

Cheers

Oldmate

Havent been fishing for 3 weeks with going away and work, so i was looking forward to having a look around.

launched at 6

decided to go out to box but was a little bit hesistant as it was windy through the early hours of the morning, but it was fine. Twice I had to stop and clear weed off the leg and brackets, jeez there was a heap around this morning, I reckon the boat picked up a couple of knots in speed.

Concentrated between box and killcare

First plan was to troll some large lures in case some bigger fish were used to hunting some of the mullet that have been around, no good first up

Plan B , trolled a uzi and a medium mcgoo along the rocks to see if any kings were looking, started catching choppers, pulled the dearer lures out (there is alimit to what choppers are worth) and put in a xmas tree and pink squid and caught 11 not bad choppers. Hooked up on something more decent but drifted too close to box and had to move out and I must have let the line go slack because the hook dropped out, oh well.

then trolled up a pike and so I bridle rigged it and pulled it along for a while to see if I could tempt something else? nothing

Pulled the boat out at 11, went home and washed it and packed things up ready to go back at 12.30 to meet the other guys.

It was good to meet the others and put a few more faces to names

Patrick

Well after a big night on the :beersmile: , (wifes birthday), ended up sleeping in till 7:30, then had to shake my mate awake at his house and finally got the boat in around 9.. headed out to kincumber racks, but being in the bigger boat, was a hard pull to land any fish chucked some plastics, then some bait... so headed back to south kinny, with no luck.

About 11:30 headed round to racks near lintern street and only pulled some sand whiting from the side of the them with bait, and no bites after.

So with an hour to go before social meetup, headed just outside of woywoy channel and threw some pillies on big gear in hope of monsters (no luck) and spun some small bait for a decent flounder..

So was a slow day on the BW but was good to meet up with the boys at Woy Woy.. just gotta remember next time to take a portable BBQ..

post-574-1114944763_thumb.jpg

SOunds like a tough weekend for you Tyrone...

I didn't get a chance to make it down for the BBQ. I ended up having to help a mate move at the last second :ranting2: . The only up side is I have to move house in the next few months after the house sells so guess who is first cab off the rank to lend a hand

Have to catch up at the next one

Sorry we didnt make it to the bbq, actually we didnt even get out of Pittwater. Bluecod and I were busy with the squid, did quite nicely too, with 8 caught, dropped quite a few. I also managed to catch 3 throw back snapper on plastics, one of them I thought was a big king, but unfortunately it must have buried itself in some weed or under a rock and wouldnt budge for ages, then finally, to my disappointment and Bluecod's merriment, when it surfaced it was a 20 cm pinky. We had lunch at the Basin and a very enjoyable day. BTW, the Edgetracker went very well, just have to adjust the trim, but otherwise, goes well, what a difference 35 cms in length makes, plus a full carpeted floor and casting deck, not to forget the 30 hp Honda, I'm a happy camper! :thumbup: Thanks for the company again George, I had a great time.

cheers

Narra