The Cooks River Fires Up !

Nice effort in the Cooks River fellas, you only have to leave it up to Stewy these days and you'll catch plenty of fish :thumbup: ..

Congratualtions on catching your personal Trevally Johnno, it would have gone off like a rocket on the light gear too :1yikes:

By the way John that's a very good locking set up you have there in the trophy....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

i live pretty much on the cooks and have always wanted to go up the river in my boat, just wondering how shallow does it get in there? and how deep?

also whats the legalities of driving a motor boat up the river? are there speed limits? how far up are motorboats allowed to go?

thanks in advance

i live pretty much on the cooks and have always wanted to go up the river in my boat, just wondering how shallow does it get in there? and how deep?

also whats the legalities of driving a motor boat up the river? are there speed limits? how far up are motorboats allowed to go?

thanks in advance

High tide is usually pretty good for most of the river,low tides on the other hand need to be watched carefully.

There are a few bridges which can only be navigated under in a low profile boat with all rods laying down.

There is no point roaring up and down the Cooks River as the fish are along its entire length and there are some very shallow spots only a few inches deep.

We have been up there many times and know exactly where the channels and hazards are.

I have only been up as far as the bridge at the Golf Course and that takes a whole day to fish up and back.

There are speed signs at a few bridges,but sense tells me that the electric motor is plenty of speed to take advantage of the sportfishing opportunties up there.

The Alexandria Canal can be navigated but fishing is NOT ALLOWED.

Regards Stewy

great work fellas & congrats johnno with the cracker trev mate. :thumbup: .some great fish caught & great pics.well done on getting into the fish on plastics while alot of others fishing the same techniques are doing it alot more tougher.hats off to you.

btw,stewy,have you been out chasing the georges jew & ep's of late???if so,how have the results been?

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

great work fellas & congrats johnno with the cracker trev mate. thumbup.gif .some great fish caught & great pics.well done on getting into the fish on plastics while alot of others fishing the same techniques are doing it alot more tougher.hats off to you.

btw,stewy,have you been out chasing the georges jew & ep's of late???if so,how have the results been?

cheers johnny. beersmile.gifthumbup.gif

Hi Johnny,

I have given the Georges a miss for a while as the fishing has not been as good as previous years.

The water temp is very cold and all the fresh flushes of late seem to have put the fish off the bite.

TCD for trout next week and see if the buggers have started to bite again biggrin2.gif

Cheers Stewy