Botany Bay - 08/08/2010

dhype

Hi Raiders

Just a late post from the weekend.

Hit the water @ 8am with 2 mates with the plan to get some salmon, tailor, flatties and crabs.

Did a troll of the third runway and molli point for a donut...

Headed to the flats and dropped a few crab traps before working the SPs....

Noticed the water was a chilly 13.1 degrees and the fish were not going for our slowly worked lures so I started working them a lot harder instead with big double upward sweeps. The result was this:

post-10545-128135620789_thumb.jpg

Keeped doing the same thing and hooked up about 8 flatties between 36 - 38cm which were all released. I did get another unit that was about 55cm which went home with me for dinner :beersmile:

My mate pete also go 2 nice flatties which were 60 and 62cm.

post-10545-128135637496_thumb.jpg

My other mate Ty managed a small just legal flatty (we call these fish fingers!) which was released and he ended going home with zip. :thumbdown:

No worries mate we will get them next week :thumbup:

The crabs were not playing ball either.. after 3 drops only managed one nice size unit

post-10545-128135654927_thumb.jpg

We also tried the hotwater outlet and trolled molli again for a donut. :ranting2:

At the end of the day we got a few nice fish for a feed and had a great time on the water - perfect conditions...

Will be out there again next week!

Cya all

DHYPE / Trung

Edited by dhype

Well done Trung nice report and picsthumbup.gif

Sounds like you had fun with the flatties and just think it's gonna start getting better as the water starts to heat back up next month1fishing1.gif

beersmile.gifBrad

Hi Brad -

I think the fishing should pickup in 6 - 8 weeks time. Looking back at last years catches, we started getting good numbers of flatties and kings in late september all the way through to april. Hope it will be the same this year as it was amazing last year.

Cheers

Trung

Good going Trung!

I wish i had known you had a spare spot that day, i would have asked if ic ould have come along with you all!

I ended up going land based at Narrabeen lake and got zip...

Steve

Hey Steve -

Getting a donut @ narrabeen is still better than sitting at home watching tv! Anytime you want to have a fish just give me a yell cuz i am out just about every weekend. thank god my :wife: is understanding! :thumbup:

Trung

Nice haul there Trung, When are u coming to pittwater. Im sure u will like it over here.

Hi Pete -

I'm busy this weekend so how about we meet up next weekend and fish pittwater?

Maybe then you can show us a thing or two in your backyard cuz we cleaned your boat up last time in Botany (my neck of the woods)!. I recall we out fished your boat 3 to 1 ? :074:

cya mate

Trung