Johnno & Stewy = 2 Donuts

The weather was foul the fishing was worse and all we ended up with was egg on our face and that wasnt from the egg mcmuffins at Lithgow ranting2.gif

We hit Thompson Creek Dam today and it was a total shut down with no hits even after changing lures at least 30 times.

TCD would have to be one of the hardest places to get onto fish regularly.

Cheers Donut Man

thanks D`F`n , i ended up finding it on a blue mountains & central tableland fishing site, interesting stuff. Hey swordfisherman,did you guys just walk the edges or did you yak it?

thanks D`F`n , i ended up finding it on a blue mountains & central tableland fishing site, interesting stuff. Hey swordfisherman,did you guys just walk the edges or did you yak it?

This particular dam is lure and fly only as it is a trophy trout declared dam.

No other way to fish it than by foot,no boats or any other type of craft allowed in the waters including float tubes.

One rod per angler with a bag limit of two fish of any species allowed.

No bicyles or any other form of transport allowed inside the gates.

Fishing is allowed 1 hour before sunrise and two hours after,no camping at any time.

THE DAM WALL IS STRICTLY TABOO AND NO ANGLER IS ALLOWED TO FISH FROM THE WALL ITSELF AS PER INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE OWNERS "DELTA ELECTRICITY"

Cheers Swordfisherman

thanks for the info Swordfisherman thumbup.gif

You are welcome Iggy and dont forget that there is a 3 to 4 klm walk in so make allowances for the sunrise.

post-256-128201882122_thumb.jpg

On another note... make sure your car is locked up and dont leave valuables in clear site as there has been a few instances of vanalism at the parking area.

Cheers Stewy

Gee Swordie, so much effort to drive there, hike in and casting all day for nought is tough, especially in freezing conditions. Just wondering if you also tried your favourite blades and if they work there.

Gee Swordie, so much effort to drive there, hike in and casting all day for nought is tough, especially in freezing conditions. Just wondering if you also tried your favourite blades and if they work there.

Pete,

I threw everything at them including blades and the kitchen sink for no joy sad.gif

Just must be still shut down during the spawning time when the fish go off the bite and cant get rid of thier eggs or roe.

Cheers Stewy

No other way to fish it than by foot,no boats or any other type of craft allowed in the waters including float tubes.

Fishing is allowed 1 hour before sunrise and two hours after,no camping at any time.

THE DAM WALL IS STRICTLY TABOO AND NO ANGLER IS ALLOWED TO FISH FROM THE WALL ITSELF AS PER INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE OWNERS "DELTA ELECTRICITY"

Cheers Swordfisherman

So... my usual two sticks of dynamite probably wouldn't be welcome then? :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Bad luck there Stewie.. If you are up this way so close .. keep comming and try out the Chifley Dam at Bathurst for good redfin and cod.. I will come along for sure..

Boats are allowed and there are great huts you can rent, but no camping.. there are also great BBQ's available and a shop :1fishing1:

Bad luck guys. I fished it on Thursday just gone for two browns at 3.5lb and 3lb and two small fat rainbows at 1lb a piece. All caught on fly. Wind was strong to say the least and about 4 degrees. Found a sheltered corner but had to fish for most of the day for my fish. All released to play another day. Saw about four other guys who appeared to be spinning but none seemed to have any luck.

On Strike.

Bad luck guys. I fished it on Thursday just gone for two browns at 3.5lb and 3lb and two small fat rainbows at 1lb a piece. All caught on fly. Wind was strong to say the least and about 4 degrees. Found a sheltered corner but had to fish for most of the day for my fish. All released to play another day. Saw about four other guys who appeared to be spinning but none seemed to have any luck.

On Strike.

Thats a very nice result thumbup.gif what type of fly were they taking if you dont mind me asking.

Cheers Stewy

Thanks,

Caught the browns on a Jindy bugger ( a form of the olive wooly bugger ) and both rainbows on a hair and copper nymph drifted with the wind.

On Strike

I had the fly gear all rigged with a green wooley bugger but decided to take the spin stik instead.

Might bite the bullet next time and take the long wand.

Thanks for the info thumbup.gif

Cheers Stewy